A fast integrated optical sensor of gaseous substances
- 22 Downloads
We consider the design and operation of an absorption integrated optical chemical sensor, which provides control of the content of ammonia and other hazardous gaseous and liquid substances in the air. An integrated optical sensor based on a diffusion waveguide is studied. The advantage of measurement schemes in which an analog signal from the integrated-optical sensor is converted into a digital form to be processed is shown. The limiting sensitivity of such a waveguide-sensor cell istheoretically evaluated. Prospects of using such a type of integrated-optical sensors are discussed.
Keywordsintegrated optical sensor laser radiation waveguide irregularities waveguide modes noise autocorrelation function of roughness data processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.R. G. Hunsperger, Integrated Optics Technology, Springer, Berlin (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Wiesmann, L. Muller, R. Klein, and A. Neyer, in: Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Integrated Optics (ECIO’95), Delft, The Netherlands (1995), p. 453.Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Khomchenko, E. V. Glazunov, I. U. Primak, et al., Pis’ma Zh. Tech. Fiz., 25, 11 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Prokhorov (ed.), The Great Russian Encyclopedia [in Russian], BRE, Moscow (1992), Vol. 3. 10. B. I. Goroshkov, Radioelectronic Applications: A Reference Manual [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.B. L. Perelman and V. I. Shevelev, Russian Integrated Circuits and Foreign Analogs. A Reference Manual [in Russian], STC Mikrotech., Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Wark and C. F. Warner, Air Pollution: Its Origin and Control, Harper & Row, New York (1976).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Egorov, O. I. Grozdova, and Yu. I. Tsareva, Ekol. Promyshl. Rossii, 1, 38 (2006).Google Scholar
- 15.A. A. Egorov, Laser Phys., 14, 1072 (2004).Google Scholar
- 18.T. Tamir (ed.), Integrated Optics, Springer, Berlin (1975).Google Scholar
- 19.S. A. Akhmanov, Yu. E. Dyakov, and A. S. Chirkin, Introduction to Statistical Radiophysics and Optics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 20.V. Vasilyev and I. Gurov, Computer Processing of Signals as Applied to Interferometric Systems [in Russian], BNV, St. Petersburg (1998).Google Scholar