Characterization and use of MoO3 modified alumosilicates in Prins cyclization of isoprenol and isovaleraldehyde
- 183 Downloads
MoO3 modified alumosilicates were prepared by impregnation method and used in Prins cyclization of isoprenol and isovaleraldehyde forming 2-isobutyl-4-methyltetrahydro-2H-pyran-4-ol (important compound for fragrant industry). Alumosilicates of Siral type were chosen as supports and compared with pure silica and alumina. Prepared catalysts were characterized by available methods: XRD, XRF, solid UV–Vis, TGA, TPD of pyridine, nitrogen adsorption and SEM. It was found that impregnation of Siral by MoO3 gave homogeneous distribution of Mo species on the support. On the other side using pure silica as a support the crystallic structure of MoO3 was detected in the resulting material. Impregnation of pure alumina by MoO3 resulted in the formation of aluminum molybdate. All prepared materials were used in above mentioned reaction. With increasing amount of silica in alumosilicate the increase of reaction rate and selectivity was observed up to 40% of silica in the material. Comparable results (selectivity to substituted tetrahydropyranol up to 50%) were obtained using Siral 40 and silica as supports for MoO3. These materials may be also used repeatedly without loss of activity and selectivity.
KeywordsMolybdenum oxide Alumosilicates Prins cyclization Siral
This work was realized within the Operational Programme Prague—Competitiveness (CZ.2.16/3.1.00/24501) and “National Program of Sustainability” (NPU I LO1613) MSMT-43760/2015. We also acknowledge grant project GACR 16-25747S. M. Lhotka is kindly acknowledged for BET measurement.
- 2.P.H. Williams, S.A. Ballard, US Pat., 2 422 648 (1947)Google Scholar
- 4.U. Akira, A. Yochiharu, T. Shigeyoshi, N. Kazuki, M. Koji, Eur. Pat. 149 3737 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Gralla, K. Beck, M. Klos, H. Griesbach, US Pat. 0306 779 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.E. Vyskočilová, M. Krátká, M. Veselý, E. Vrbková, L. Červený, Res. Chem. Intermed. 42, 6691 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.E. Vyskočilová, M. Krátká, L. Červený, ICCT 2015, Mikulov, Czech Republic, ISBN: 978-80-86238-82-1, 27Google Scholar
- 36.DOPED ALUMINAS, Sasol Performance Chemicals (2016), http://www.sasolgermany.de/fileadmin/doc/alumina/0271.SAS-BR-Inorganics_Siral_Siralox_WEB.pdf. Accessed 17 June 2016