Temperature programmed desorption of n-hexane and n-heptane from MFI and FAU zeolites
TPD studies of n-hexane and n-heptane from NaX, Y and ZSM-5 (Na+ or H+ exchanged) in the experimental system with a TCD detector were performed, using pure He or He/n-alkane mixture as a carrier gas. The TPD profiles with one desorption peak for Y and two peaks for ZSM-5, measured using He/hydrocarbon mixture, were similar to the previously reported equilibrated thermodesorption results. TPD profiles were accurately fitted with a model based on the equilibrium control of the desorption and the adsorption functions derived from the Langmuir or dual site Langmuir isotherms.
KeywordsAdsorption Temperature programmed desorption Zeolites n-Hexane n-Heptane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.B. Smit, T. L. M. Maesen, Nature 374, 42 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.B. Millot, A. Methivier, H. Jobic, J. Phys. Chem. 102, 3210 (1998)Google Scholar
- 17.D. Majda, W. Makowski, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 158, 1161 (2005)Google Scholar
- 21.E. García-Pérez, I.M. Torrens, S. Lago, R. Krishna, B. Smit, S. Calero, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 158, 1097 (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.A.G. Stepanov, T.O. Shegai, M.V. Luzgin, H. Jobic, Eur. Phys. J. E12, 57 (2003)Google Scholar