Report on the 7th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management, and Security (AIMS 2013): Emerging Management Mechanisms for the Future Internet
This article contains the report on AIMS 2013, which was held on June 25–28, 2013 at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain and was driven by the theme “Emerging Management Mechanisms for the Future Internet”. It covers the three main parts that formed the event program: the keynote and technical sessions of the main track, the PhD workshop and the hands-on tutorials. Finally, the report highlights the evolutions that would shape the future version of AIMS.
KeywordsNetwork management Service management Autonomous infrastructure Security
We would like to thank the many people who helped make AIMS 2013 such a high-quality and successful event. Firstly, many thanks are addressed to all the authors, who submitted their contributions to AIMS 2013, and to the tutorial and keynote speakers. The great review work performed by the members of both the AIMS TPC and the PhD workshop TPC as well as additional reviewers is highly acknowledged. Thanks also to Juan-Luis Gorricho, Universitat PolitÄcnica de Catalunya, Spain and Thomas Schaaf, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Germany, for setting up and organizing the tutorial sessions and test-bed hardware. Additionally, many thanks to the local organizers Antonio Astorga and Rashid Mijumbi for enabling the logistics and hosting the AIMS 2013 event. AIMS 2013 was supported by the EU FP7 FLAMINGO Network of Excellence project (ICT-318488).
- 1.Doyen, G., Waldburger, M., Sperotto, A., Čeleda, P., Stiller, B.: (Eds.) Emerging management mechanisms for the future internet— Proceedings of the 7th IFIP WG 6.6 International Conference on Autonomous infrastructure, management, and security (AIMS 2013). Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Vol. 7943. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.AIMS 2013 Conference Web Site. http://www.aims-conference.org/2013/. Accessed July (2013)
- 3.Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC). http://www.upc.edu/. Accessed July (2013)
- 4.IFIP TC6 Working Group 6: Management of Networks and Distributed Systems. http://www.simpleweb.org/ifip/. Accessed July (2013)
- 5.The iMinds Virtual Wall Web Site. http://www.iminds.be/en/develop-test/ilab-t/virtual-wall. Accessed September (2013)
- 6.FP7 BONFIRE Web Site. http://www.bonfire-project.eu/. Accessed September (2013)
- 7.FP7 OFELIA Web Site. http://www.fp7-ofelia.eu/. Accessed September (2013)
- 8.Jacobson, V., Smetters, D.K., Thornton, J.D., Plass, M.F., Briggs, N.H, Braynard, R.L,: Networking named content. In: Proceedings of the 5th international conference on Emerging networking experiments and technologies (CoNEXT’09), pp 1–12. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Flamingo European (ICT-FP7) Network of Excellence. http://www.fp7-flamingo.eu/. Accessed July (2013)