Managing Secure Virtual Infrastructures: From Networks to Clouds—A Report on LANOMS 2011
- 447 Downloads
The 7th Latin American Network Operations and Management Symposium (LANOMS 2011) was held in Quito, Ecuador, on October 10–11, 2011. This was the seventh edition of this established symposium series, the first of which was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1999 ; the second in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, in 2001 ; the third in Iguassu Falls, Brazil, 2003 ; the fourth in Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2005 ; the fifth in Petrópolis, Brazil, 2007 ; and the sixth in Punta del Este, Uruguay, 2009 . The 2011 edition was the second outside Brazil, and was co-located with both the 37th Latin American Conference on Informatics (CLEI 2011) and the 6th Latin American Networking Conference (LANC 2011). This edition can be considered as successful as all previous editions have been. The General Chair, Prof. Edmundo R. M. Madeira, is from the State University of Campinas, SP, Brazil. The Technical Program Chairs are from Brazil and Uruguay, namely, Prof. Elias P. Duarte Jr. is from Federal...
KeywordsSecurity Management Virtual Infrastructure Technical Session Ubiquitous Healthcare Cloud Offering
As a conclusion to this report we can only say that the quality and relevance of the results presented at LANOMS 2011 were as high as expected, and that this edition was as successful as all previous ones. We are thankful to the whole organization committee, and also to the organization comittee of CLEI 2011. The proceedings of LANOMS 2011 are available at IEEExplore Digital Library (ieeexplore.ieee.org). The Web site of the symposium is available at http://www.lanoms.org/2011. Indeed, the Web sites of all previous editions of LANOMS are also on line, starting from the third LANOMS which occurred in 2003.
- 1.Westphall, C., Kormann, L., Notare, M., Riso, B.G., Cruz, F.: Report: network management solutions and trends for the Latin and global markets. J. Netw. Syst. Manag. 8(2), 299–304 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Nogueira, J.M., Loureiro, A.A.F.: Network management as a strategy for evolution and development: a leport from LANOMS 2001. J. Netw. Syst. Manag. 10(2), 261–264 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Duarte Jr., E.P., Madeira, E.: Future trends in network management: a report on LANOMS 2003. J. Netw. Syst. Manag. 11(4), 499–503 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Granville, L.Z., Gaspary, L.P., Schulze, B., de Souza, J.N.: Spotlights on network operations and management research in Latin America: a report on LANOMS 2005. J. Netw. Syst. Manag. 14(1), 175–179 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.de Souza, J.N., Schulze, B., Sauvé, J.P., Madeira, E., Ziviani, A.: Bringing autonomic principles for managing next generation networks and services: a report on LANOMS 2007. J. Netw. Syst. Manag. 16(1), 120–128 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.The 6th Latin American network operations and management symposium (LANOMS’2009), http://www.lanoms.org/2009, accessed in April (2012)