Report on the 1st International Summer School on Network and Service Management
- 73 Downloads
The 1st International Summer School on Network and Service Management (ISSNSM) was held at Jacobs University Bremen on July 9–13, 2007 . The summer school was organized by Jacobs University Bremen and INRIA Lorraine and financially supported by the European FP6 Network of Excellence for the Management of Internet Technologies and Complex Services (EMANICS) . This report provides a short introduction to the concepts and ideas behind the summer school, reviews the program offered to participating students, and draws some conclusions from the feedback given by the participating students. In general, the summer school was a great success and the 2nd ISSNSM event will take place in June 2008, hosted by the University of Zürich in Switzerland.
Summer schools have proven to be a very effective mechanism to educate and to network excellent students in several scientific areas. During the planning of the EMANICS project, it became clear that there is a lack of such a...
KeywordsSummer School Internet Service Provider Internet Engineer Task Force Border Gateway Protocol Flow Export
- 1.ISSNSM 2007 Web Page: <http://www.emanics.org/content/view/80/135>
- 2.EMANICS Project Web Site: <http://www.emanics.org/>
- 3.van Beijnum, I.: BGP Illustrated. O’Reilly (September 2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Hanemann, A., Liakopoulos, A., Molina, M., Swany, D.M.: A Study on Network Performance Metrics and their Composition. TERENA Networking Conference, May 2006Google Scholar
- 8.Haag, P.: Netflow Tools NfSen and NFDUMP. 18th Annual FIRST Conference, June 2006Google Scholar
- 9.ISSNSM 2008 Web Page: <http://www.csg.uzh.ch/events/issnsm08/>