Chaotic behavior of the CML model with respect to the state and coupling parameters
- 21 Downloads
The main aim of this paper is the study of dynamical properties of the Laplacian-type coupled map lattice induced by the logistic family on a periodic lattice depending on two parameters: the state parameter of the logistic map and the coupling constant. For this purpose, tools like maximal Lyapunov exponent, approximate entropy, and the 0–1 test for chaos are introduced and applied to numerical simulations performed using a supercomputer.
KeywordsCML model Maximal Lyapunov exponent Approximate entropy The 0–1 test for chaos
Mathematics Subject Classification37N99 65P20 34D08 37M25
This work was supported by The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports from the National Programme of Sustainability (NPU II) Project “IT4Innovations excellence in science—LQ1602“; by The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports from the Large Infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovations Project “IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center—LM2015070“; by SGC Grant No. SP2019/125 “Qualification and quantification tools application to dynamical systems”, VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic, Grant of SGS No. SP2019/84, VŠB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic.
- 4.R. Carvalho, B. Fernandez, R.V. Mendes, From synchronization to multistability in two coupled quadratic maps. Phys. Lett. Sect. A Gen. At. Solid State Phys. 285, 327–338 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.P. Collet, J.P. Eckmann, Iterated maps on the interval as dynamical systems (Birkhaser, Boston, 1980)Google Scholar
- 6.M. Ding, W. Yang, Stability of synchronous chaos and on–off intermittency in coupled map lattices. Phys. Rev. E Stat. Phys. Plasmas Fluids Relat. Interdiscip. Top. 56, 4009 (1997)Google Scholar
- 15.J.F. Heagy, N. Platt, S.M. Hammel, Characterization of on–off intermittency. Physica D Nonlinear Phenom. 49, 1140 (1994)Google Scholar
- 16.J. Jost, M.P. Joy, Spectral properties and synchronization in coupled map lattices. Phys. Rev. E Stat. Phys. Plasmas Fluids Relat. Interdiscip. Top. 65, 16201 (2002)Google Scholar
- 17.K. Kaneko, Theory and applications of coupled map lattices (Wiley, New York, 1993)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Lampart, T. Martinovic, A survey of tools detecting the dynamical properties of one-dimensional families. Adv. Electr. Electron. Eng. 15(2), 304–313 (2017)Google Scholar
- 26.T. Martinovic, Chaos 01: 0–1 test for chaos. R package version 1.1.1. (2018). https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=Chaos01
- 31.R Core Team, R: A language and environment for statistical computing. (R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2018). https://www.R-project.org/