Quantum Interference Effects in p-Si1−x Ge x Quantum Wells
Quantum interference effects, such as weak localization and electron-electron interaction (EEI), have been investigated in magnetic fields up to 11 T for hole gases in a set of Si1−x Ge x quantum wells with 0.13<x<0.95. The temperature dependence of the hole phase relaxation time has been extracted from the magneto-resistance between 35 mK and 10 K. The spin-orbit effects that can be described within the Rashba model were observed in low magnetic fields. A quadratic negative magneto-resistance was observed in strong magnetic fields, due to the EEI effect. The hole-phonon scattering time was determined from hole overheating in a strong magnetic field.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B.I. Altshuler, A.G. Aronov, in Electron-Electron Interaction in Disordered Systems, ed. by A.L. Efros, M.P. Pollak. Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Science, vol. 10 (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985), p. 1 Google Scholar
- 3.B.L. Altshuler, A.G. Aronov, M.E. Gershenson, Yu.V. Sharvin, Sov. Sci. Rev. A 9, 223 (1987). Schur, Switzerland, Harwood Academic Publisher Gmbh Google Scholar
- 4.B.L. Altshuler, A.G. Aronov, A.I. Larkin, D.E. Khmel’nitskii, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 81, 768 (1981) [Sov. Phys. JETP 54, 411 (1981)] Google Scholar
- 6.Yu.A. Bychkov, E.I. Rashba, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 46, 66 (1984) [JETP 39, 78 (1984)] Google Scholar
- 7.M.I. Dyakonov, V.I. Perrel, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 60, 1954 (1971) [J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 33, 1053 (1971)] Google Scholar
- 10.V. Karpus, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprov. 20, 12 (1986) [Sov. Phys. Semicond. 20, 6, (1986)] Google Scholar