Full Biot-Savart Numerical Simulation of Vortices in He II
- 61 Downloads
We present the results of numerical simulation for stochastic dynamics of quantized vortex filaments in HeII. Unlike many previous similar investigations, we performed calculations on base of the full Biot-Savart law. We also use a new algorithm for reconnection processes, which is based on considerations of crossing lines. In addition we introduce the random forces stirring the system. This Langevin statement of problem enables to control various types of random action. In the present simulations we take while noise as a random force. We observe that the stationary state of vortex tangle is strongly nonuniform and fluctuating, with knots suddenly appearing and disappearing, this pattern resembles the famous intermittency effect. We also present calculations of some properties of a vortex tangle (VT) such as the total length, the distribution of the length of loops, and the energy spectrum.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. Donnelly, R.J. Quantized Vortices in Helium II (Cambridge University Press) 1991Google Scholar
- 2.2. Tough, J.T. in Progress in Low Temperature Physics, edited by D.F. Brewer (North Holland, Amsterdam), 8, 133 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.3. S.K.Nemirovskii, W.Fiszdon Rev. Mod. Phys. 67, 37 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.4. W. F. Vinen Phys.Rev.B. 61, 1410 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.5. N.D. Antunes and L.M.A. Bettencourt Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 2824 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.6. S.K. Nemirovskii Teoreticheskaya i Matematicheskaya Fizika, to appear (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.7. K.W. Schwarz Phys. Rev. B. 38, 2398 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.8. T. Araki, M. Tsubota, and S.K. Nemirovskii Phys. Rev. B. 62, 11751 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.9. R.G.M. Aarts, A numerical study of quantized vortices in HeII, Tech. Univer. Eindhoven,(1993)Google Scholar