A New Chiral Cu(II) Complex Consisting of Achiral Flexible Tripodal Ligand of Benzene-1,3,5-Triacetate Acid with Phenanthroline
- 138 Downloads
A new chiral Cu(II) complex, Cu3(phen)3(H2O)(BTA)2·13H2O (1) (H3BTA = benzene-1,3,5-triacetate acid and phen = phenanthroline) has been prepared by solvothermal synthesis and structurally characterized by IR, elemental analysis, and single crystal X-ray diffraction. This complex crystallizes in the chiral space group C2 and has similar one-dimensional chains, which are further bridged by μ 2-H2O to form a two-dimensional layer structure. The nonlinear optical property and magnetic property were investigated.
KeywordsCopper (II) complex Carboxylate Nonlinear optical property Magnetic property
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 20971004, 20901004), the Key Project of Chinese Ministry of Education (No. 210102) and the Natural Science Foundation of Educational Commission of Anhui Province of China (No. KJ2010A229).
- 27.O. Kahn, Molecular Magnetism (VCH Publishers. Inc, New York, 1993)Google Scholar
- 28.SAINT version 6.02a, Software Reference Manual (Bruker AXS Inc., Madison, 2002)Google Scholar
- 29.G.M. Sheldrick, SADABS. Program for Empirical Absorption Correction of Area Detector Data (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, 1996)Google Scholar
- 30.G.M. Sheldrick, SHELXS-97. Program for Crystal Structure Solution (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, 1997)Google Scholar
- 31.G.M. Sheldrick, SHELXL-97. Program for Crystal Structure Refinement (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, 1997)Google Scholar