Hybrid extragradient-like methods for generalized mixed equilibrium problems, systems of generalized equilibrium problems and optimization problems
In this paper, we introduce and analyze a new hybrid extragradient-like iterative algorithm for finding a common solution of a generalized mixed equilibrium problem, a system of generalized equilibrium problems and a fixed point problem of infinitely many non expansive mappings. Under some mild conditions, we prove the strong convergence of the sequence generated by the proposed algorithm to a common solution of these three problems. Such solution also solves an optimization problem. Several special cases are also discussed. The results presented in this paper are the supplement, extension, improvement and generalization of the previously known results in this area.
KeywordsGeneralized mixed equilibrium problem System of generalized equilibrium problems Optimization problems Hybrid extragradient-like iterative scheme Fixed points Nonexpansive mappings Strong convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Blum E., Oettli W.: From optimization and variational inequalities to equilibrium problems. Math. Student 63, 123–145 (1994)Google Scholar
- 14.Censor Y., Iusem A.N., Zenios S.A.: An interior point method with Bregman functions for the vari- ational inequality problem with paramonotone operators. Math. Prog. 81, 373–400 (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Chinchuluun, A., Pardalos, P.M., Migdalas, A., Pitsoulis L. (eds): Pareto Optimality, Game Theory and Equilibria. Springer, New York (2008). http://www.springer.com/mathematics/applications/book/978-0-387-77246-2
- 17.Giannessi F., Maugeri A., Pardalos P.M. (eds.): Equilibrium Problems: Nonsmooth Optimization and Variational Inequality Models, Springer, New York (2002). http://www.springer.com/mathematics/book/978-1-4020-0161-1
- 19.Mohebi, H., Vatandoost, M.: Counterexamples on some articles on quasi-variational inclusion problems, J. Global Optim. (online: http://www.springerlink.com/content/cpw74m164472v190/)
- 20.Pardalos, P.M., Rassias, T.M., Khan, A.A. (eds.): Nonlinear Analysis and Variational Problems, Springer, New York (2010). http://www.springer.com/mathematics/applications/book/978-1-4419-0157-6
- 21.Peng J.W., Yao J.C.: A new hybrid-extragradient method for generalized mixed equilibrium problems, fixed point problems and variational inequality problems. Taiwanese J. Math. 12, 1401–1432 (2008)Google Scholar
- 23.Shimoji K., Takahashi W.: Strong convergence to common fixed points of infinite nonexpansive mappings and applications. Taiwanese J. Math. 5, 387–404 (2001)Google Scholar
- 26.Verma R.U.: On a new system of nonlinear variational inequalities and associated iterative algorithms. Math. Sci. Res. Hot line 3(8), 65–68 (1999)Google Scholar
- 28.Yao, Y., Liou, Y.C., Yao, J.C.: New relaxed hybrid-extragradient method for fixed point problems, a general system of variational inequality problems and generalized mixed equilibrium problems, Optimization (2010) (in press)Google Scholar
- 30.Zeng L.C., Ansari Q.H., Wu S.Y.: Strong convergence theorems of relaxed hybrid steepest-descent methods for variational inequalities. Taiwanese J. Math. 10(1), 13–29 (2006)Google Scholar
- 31.Zeng L.C., Yao J.C.: Strong convergence theorem by an extragradient method for fixed point problems and variational inequality problems. Taiwanese J. Math. 10, 1293–1303 (2006)Google Scholar