Unified Approaches to Well-Posedness with Some Applications
We present unified approaches to Hadamard and Tykhonov well-posedness. As applications, we deduce Tykhonov well- posedness for optimization problems, Nash equilibrium point problems and fixed point problems etc. Especially, by applying such approaches, we deal with the well- posedness as stated in (Lignola and Morgan (2000), Journal of Global Optimization 16, 57–67) in which Lignola and Morgan investigated directly and intensively Tykhonov types of well- posedness for optimization problems with constraints defined by variational inequalities, namely, generalized well- posedness and strong well- posedness. We give some sufficient conditions for Hadamard well- posedness of such problems and deduce relations between Hadamard type and Tykhonov type of well- posedness. Finally, as corollaries, we derive generalized well- posedness and strong well- posedness for these problems.
KeywordsFixed point Generalized well- posedness Hadamard well- posedness Nash equilibrium Optimization problem Strong well-posedness Tykhonov well- posedness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dontchev, A.L., Zolezzi, T. 1993Well-posed Optimization Problems Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1543Springer- VerlagBerlinGoogle Scholar
- 3.Lucchetti, R.Revalski, J.P. eds. 1995Recent Developments in Well-Posed Variational ProblemsKluwer Academic PublishersDordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 4.Revalski, J. 1995Various aspects of well-posedness of optimization problemsLucchetti, R.Revalski, J.P. eds. Recent Developments in Well-Posed Variational ProblemsKluwer Academic PublishersDordrecht229256Google Scholar
- 5.Margiocco, M., Patrone, F., Pusillo Chicco, L. 1997A new approach to Tikhonov well-popsedness for Nash equilibriaOptimization40385400Google Scholar
- 7.Loridan, P. 1995Well- posedness toward vector optimizationLucchetti, R.Revalski, J.P. eds. Recent Developments in Well-Posed Variational ProblemsKluwer Academic PublishersDordrecht171192Google Scholar
- 9.Lemaire, B., OuldAhmed Salem, C., Revalski, J.P. 2001Well-posedness of variational problems with applications to staircase methodsC.R. Acad. Sci. Paris Sr. I Math.332943948Google Scholar
- 10.Lemaire, B. 1998Well-posedness, conditioning and regularization of minimization, inclusion and fixed-point problemsPliska Stud. Math. Bulgar.127184Google Scholar
- 12.Tan, K.K., Yu, J., Yuan, X.Z. 1995The stability of coincident points for multivalued mappingsNonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications25163168Google Scholar