National Society of Genetic Counselors Natalie Weissburger Paul Lifetime Achievement Award Address: The Power of Connecting
- First Online:
- 89 Downloads
KeywordsNational Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) Award address Natalie Weissburger Paul Genetic counselor Lifetime achievement award
- Baker, D. L., Schuette, J. L., & Uhlmann, W. R. (Eds.). (1998). A guide to genetic counseling. New York: Wiley-Liss.Google Scholar
- Green, R. C., Roberts, J. S., Cupples, L. A., Relkin, N. R., Whitehouse, P. J., Brown, T., Eckert, S. L., Butson, M., Sadovnick, A. D., Quaid, K. A., Chen, C., Cook-Deegan, R., Farrer, L. A., & REVEAL Study Group. (2009). Disclosure of APOE genotype for risk of Alzheimer’s disease. The New England Journal of Medicine, 361, 245–254.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- JAMA website. Information for Authors, section on “About JAMA.” http://jama.ama-assn.org/site/misc/aboutjama.xhtml. Accessed 20 November 2011.
- National Archives, Federal Register, Executive Orders Disposition Tables, William J. Clinton – 2000, Executive Order 13145. http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2000.html http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2000_register&docid=fr10fe00-165.pdf. Accessed 21 November 2011.
- Pear, R. (2000). Clinton Bans Use of Genetic Makeup in Federal Employment. New York Times A18, February 9, 2000. http://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/09/us/clinton-bans-use-of-genetic-makeup-in-federal-employment.html?scp=3&sq=Robert%20Pear,%20february%202000&st=cse. Accessed 20 November 2011.
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetic Testing (SACGT). Meetings and Conferences. http://oba.od.nih.gov/SACGHS/sacgt_meetings.html. Accessed 21 November 2011.
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetic Testing (SACGT) (2000a). Transcript, January 27, 2000, pages 222–225. http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/2000.html. Accessed 21 November 2011.
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetic Testing (SACGT) (2000b). Transcript, August 4, 2000, pages 65–67. http://oba.od.nih.gov/oba/sacgt/transcripts/sacgt84.pdf. Accessed 21 November 2011.
- Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetic Testing (SACGT) (2000c). Transcript, June 5, 2000, pages 47–51. http://oba.od.nih.gov/oba/sacgt/transcripts/sacgttrans6-5-00.pdf. Accessed 21 November 2011.
- Uhlmann, W.R. (2000b). When genes are decoded, who should see the results? Invited essay, New York Times, D7, February 29, 2000. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30A1FFF3E5D0C7A8EDDAB0894D8404482&scp=1&sq=Wendy%20uhlmann&st=cse Accessed 20 November 2011.
- Uhlmann, W.R. (2008). Why we need to talk openly about death: The ultimate homework assignment. Newsweek.com, My Turn: Health Triumphs, October 3, 2008. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/10/02/the-ultimate-homework-assignment.html. Accessed 20 November 2011.
- Uhlmann, W. R., & Guttmacher, A. E. (2008). Key internet genetics resources for the clinician. Journal of the American Medical Association, 299, 1356–1358.Google Scholar
- Uhlmann, W. R., Schuette, J. L., & Yashar, B. M. (Eds.). (2009). A guide to genetic counseling (2nd ed.). New York: Wiley-Blackwell.Google Scholar
- White House, Office of the Press Secretary, February 8, 2000. http://clinton3.nara.gov/WH/New/html/20000208.html Accessed 20 November 2011.
© National Society of Genetic Counselors, Inc. 2012