Spectroscopic Study of Aggregation of Carbazole Units
- 33 Downloads
Several fluorescence spectral features in aggregation of carbazole unites have been reported in previous study. Unfortunately, the influence of inner filter effect has not been paid enough attention. In this work, aggregation of carbazole unites resulting from increasing concentration or decreasing solvent affinity, was investigated by fluorescence spectroscopy. Through comparison between the spectra of two aggregation processes, it is found that only intensity ratio of 0–0 transition to 0–1 transition in excitation/emission spectra is sensitive to aggregation states. There is an obvious decrease in that intensity ratio upon aggregation. On the other hand, other spectral features observed in previous research such as intensity decrease in S0 → S2 transition and emission quenching in concentration induced aggregation process, should be induced by inner filter effect.
KeywordsFluorescence Spectral feature Aggregation Carbazole
This work was supported by Teaching and Reforming Project from Chongqing Jiaotong University under Contract No.syj201720.
- 7.Li D, Qin W, Xu B, Qian J, Tang BZ (2017) AIE nanoparticles with high stimulated emission depletion efficiency and Photobleaching resistance for long-term super-resolution bioimaging, advanced materials, 29Google Scholar
- 9.Luo JD, Xie ZL, Lam JWY, Cheng L, Chen HY, Qiu CF, Kwok HS, Zhan XW, Liu YQ, Zhu DB, Tang BZ (2001) Aggregation-induced emission of 1-methyl-1,2,3,4,5-pentaphenylsilole. Chem Commun:1740–1741Google Scholar
- 10.Hong Y, Lam JWY, Tang BZ (2009) Aggregation-induced emission: phenomenon, mechanism and applications. Chem Commun:4332–4353Google Scholar
- 15.Chen P-Z, Zhang H, Niu L-Y, Zhang Y, Chen Y-Z, Fu H-B, Yang Q-Z (2017) A solid-state fluorescent material based on Carbazole-containing Difluoroboron beta-Diketonate: multiple Chromisms, the self-assembly behavior, and optical waveguides, advanced functional materials, 27Google Scholar
- 17.Fernandez-Pena N, Carmona T, Pilar Tarazona M, Saiz E, Mendicuti F (2011) An experimental and theoretical study of the carbazole to carbazole intramolecular energy transfer in N-vinylcarbazole/vinyl tert-butyl-benzoate copolymers of different molar compositions. Polym Int 60:1487–1496CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Valeur B (2001) Molecular fluorescence: principles and applications, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbHGoogle Scholar