Synthesis of Novel Blue and Green Light Emitting 4-Nitrophenol Luminophors for Optoelectronics
- 15 Downloads
The number of anthracene (AN) and anthracene-tetracene (AN-TN) doped 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) luminophors (AN/4-NP and AN-TN/4-NP) were prepared at different proportion by conventional technique called solid state reaction. Excitation energy transfer was observed by fluorescence spectroscopy and cyclic voltammetry. 4-NP acts as an outstanding light emitting matrix. The effect of the donor emission was perceived by changing the dopant concentration; this showed that AN/4-NP and TN-AN/4-NP exhibit fluorescence emission ranging from blue to green i.e. in the range from 400 to 525 nm and 535–550 nm, respectively. Structural properties and thermal stability was studied by XRD, SEM and TGA-DSC techniques. The study reveals that the prepared materials show excellent properties which can meet the demands of optoelectronic devices as well as for light emitting devices.
KeywordsExcitation energy transfer Light emitting devices Blue and green emission Doped materials
The authors are thankful to Sophisticated Analytical Instrumentation Facility center, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras and to the Instrumentation Centre, Solapur University, Solapur, Maharashtra-India.
The authors also express special thanks to Dr. D. S. Sutrave and Mr. Sangam Gaikwad of Electronic Department of D.B.F. Dayanand College of Arts and Science, Solapur, Maharashtra – India.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
Authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 6.Jadhav SA, Pujari SR, Patil SR (2000) Photophysics of exciplex emission of crystalline biphenyl doped by pyrene. Ind J of pure & Appl Phys 38:43Google Scholar
- 7.Pujari SR, Jadhav SA, Patil SR (2001) Tuning of wavelength of exciplex emission of pyrene and perylene in fluorene matrix. Ind J of Chem 40A:933Google Scholar
- 11.Mane KG, Nagore PB, Pujari SR (2017) Green light emitting tricomponentluminophors of 2-naphthol for construction of organic light emitting. International Journal of Research Publications in Engineering and Technology 8:38Google Scholar
- 15.Sathyamoorthy R & Dheepa (2007) “Structural characterization of thermally evaporated Bi2Te3 thin films”, J Phys Chem Sol, 68: 111Google Scholar
- 16.Kalbende PP, Tasare MV and Zade AB (2013) Preparation, characterization, and thermal degradation studies of p-nitrophenol-based copolymer, J. of Chemistry, Article ID 846327, 9 pagesGoogle Scholar