A Highly Selective Fluorescent Probe for Detection of Biological Samples Thiol and Its Application in Living Cells
- 600 Downloads
Probe 1 was designed and synthesized as a new fluorescent molecular probe for thiols in PBS buffer at physiological condition. This fluorescent molecular probe consists of a thiol reaction moiety bound to a coumarin fluorophore. Its fluorescence quantum yield is low, but a drastic enhancement of fluorescence intensity was observed in the presence of thiols. Possible interference with other analytes was examined. Probe 1 displays a highly selective fluorescent enhancement with thiols, and the probe was successfully applied to thiols determination in intracellular, in human urine and blood samples.
KeywordsFluorescence Thiols Sensing Fluorescent probe
This work was supported by the Science Research Foundation of Central South University.
- 8.Sofia C, Chadefaux B, Coude M, Oaillard O, Kamoun E (1990) Concentrations of total homocysteine in plasma in chronic renal failure. Clin Chem 36:2137–2138Google Scholar
- 15.Zinellu A, Sotgia S, Scanu B, Usai MF, Fois AG, Spada V, Deledda A, Deiana L, Pirina P, Carru C (2009) Simultaneous detection of N-acetyl-l-cysteine and physiological low molecular mass thiols in plasma by capillary electrophoresis. Amino Acids 37:395–400. doi: 10.1007/s00726-008-0167-x CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 24.Fu YY, Li HX, Hu WP, Zhu DB (2005) Fluorescence probes for thiol-containing amino acids and peptides in aqueous solution. Chem Commun (Camb) 3189–3191. doi: 10.1039/b503772g
- 28.Tanaka F, Mase N, Barbas CF (2004) Determination of cysteine concentration by fluorescence increase: reaction of cysteine with a fluorogenic aldehyde. Chem Commun (Camb) 1762-1763. doi: 10.1039/b405642f
- 32.Burford N, Eelman MD, Mahony DE, Morash M (2003) Definitive identification of cysteine and glutathione complexes of bismuth by mass spectrometry: assessing the biochemical fate of bismuth pharmaceutical agents. Chem Commun (Camb) 146–147. doi: 10.1039/b210570e
- 33.Rafii M, Elango R, Courtney-Martin G, House JD, Fisher L, Pencharz PB (2007) High-throughput and simultaneous measurement of homocysteine and cysteine in human plasma and urine by liquid chromatography-electro spray tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem 371:71–81. doi: 10.1016/j.ab.2007.07.026 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 38.Lakowicz JR (2002) Topics in fluorescence spectroscopy. Kluwer Academic Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar