Effects of Resonant Helical Field (RHF) on Equilibrium Properties of IR-T1 Tokamak Plasma
- 69 Downloads
In this paper we present an experimental investigation of effects of resonant helical field on equilibrium properties of IR-T1 tokamak plasma. Firstly, four magnetic pickup coils were designed, constructed, and installed on outer surface of the IR-T1 tokamak chamber, and then in case of absence of RHF, plasma position obtained. On the other hand, the external RHF applied to tokamak plasma and again the plasma position measured. Measurement results of horizontal displacement with and without RHF (L = 2, L = 3, L = 2 & 3) show that the addition of a relatively small amount of RHF could be effective for improving the quality of tokamak plasma discharge by flatting the plasma current and reducing the plasma displacement.
KeywordsTokamak Resonant helical field Plasma displacement
We Acknowledge from Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) for supporting this project.
- 1.V.S. Mukhovatov, V.D. Shafranov, Nucl. Fusion 11, 605 (1971)Google Scholar
- 4.J.P. Freidberg, Ideal MHD (Clarendon, Oxford, 1987)Google Scholar
- 5.A. Salar Elahi et al., J. Fusion Energ. (2009). doi:10.1007/s10894-009-9207-0
- 7.A. Hojabri and et al., 32nd EPS Conference on Plasma Phys. Tarragona, 27 June–1 July 2005 ECA, vol. 29C, P-4.064 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.M. Emami et al., J. Plasma Phys. Published 30 April (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.J. Wesson, Tokamaks (Clarendon, Oxford, 1997), pp. 105–131Google Scholar
- 16.I.H. Hutchinson, Principles of Plasma Diagnostics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1987), pp. 10–33Google Scholar