Development of Heat Pipes for Cooling Thermally Stressed Electronics Elements
- 1 Downloads
An algorithm for the development of heat pipes involving the choice of the working fluid, materials for the casing and wick, and the methods of calculating the limits of heat-transmitting ability of heat pipes is suggested. This algorithm has been applied successfully for creating different types of wicks and heat pipes on the basis of which a cooling system has been created for a high-power light-emitting diode lantern.
Keywordsheat pipe wick thermal resistance light-emitting diode cooling system radiator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Y. Huaiyu, S. Koh, H. Zeijl, A. W. J. Gielen, and Z. Guoqi, A review of passive thermal management of LED module, J. Semicond., 32, No. 1, 0140081–0140084 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.Thermal Management of White LEDs: Building Technologies Program, Department of Energy, US, PNNL-SA-51901 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.H . Lee, Тhermal Design: Heat Sinks, Thermoelectrics, Heat Pipes, Compact Heat Exchangers, and Solar Cells, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.D. Reay, R. J. McGlen, and P. Kew, Heat Pipes. Theory, Design and Application, Elsevier, Oxford (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.S. W. Chi, Heat Pipe Theory and Practice, McGraw-Hill, New York (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.L. L. Vasiliev and S. V. Konev, Heat Transmitting Pipes [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1972).Google Scholar
- 12.R. I. Agladze, N. G. Gofman, and N. T. Kudryavtsev, Applied Electrochemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 13.K. Delendik, N. Kolyago, O. Penyazkov, and O. Voitik, Determination of permissible heat fluxes in the heat pipe, in: AIP Conf. Proc., 1978, Issue 1, 470028–470031 (2018).Google Scholar
- 14.K. Delendik, O. Voitik, and N. Kolyago, Design of cooling system for high-power LED luminaire, in: AIP Conf. Proc., 2116, 030020–030023 (2019).Google Scholar