Influence of the Drag Coefficient of Particles on their Distribution in a Two-Dimensional Acoustic Resonator
- 12 Downloads
A numerical study is made of the plane problem on the drift of a group of particles in the rectangular-resonator’s standing wave induced by harmonic oscillations of the left boundary at the first resonant frequency. The influence of the drag coefficient of particles on the dynamics and distribution of the particles in the resonator has been investigated. At certain drag coefficients, regions of acoustic capture of particles have been found. In these regions, the inherent particle drift is counterbalanced by the transfer by acoustic streaming. It has been shown that the particles share a common tendency to drift to resonator walls, where the gas velocity is minimum.
Keywordsacoustic streamings particle drift acoustic traps
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiple Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978). Parts I and II.Google Scholar
- 2.R. F. Ganiev and L. E. Ukrainskii, Nonlinear Wave Mechanics and Technologies [in Russian], Izd. R&C Dynamics, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.D. A. Gubaidullin and P. P Osipov, Influence of hydrodynamic forces on the drift of an inclusion in wave fields, Probl. Énerg., Nos. 1−2, 3−13 (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.D. A. Gubaidullin, P. P. Osipov, and R. R. Nasyrov, Numerical simulation of Schlichting streaming induced by standing wave in rectangular enclosure, LTP Coatings 2014 IOP Publishing Journal of Physics: Conference Series 567 (2014) 012017; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/567/1/012017.
- 12.B. Tajik, A. Abbassi, M. Saffar-Avval, A. Abdullah, and H. Mohammad-Abadi, Numerical simulation of acoustic streaming for nonlinear standing ultrasonic wave in water inside axisymmetric enclosure, Eng. Appl. Comput. Fluid Mech., 6, No. 3, 366−382 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.A. L. Tukmakov, Distribution of solid particles in the acoustic field of a resonance tube in different regimes of excitation of oscillations, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 12, No. 2, 219−227 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.A. L. Tukmakov and D. A. Gubaidullin, Numerical simulation of the motion of solid particles in the nonlinear wave field of an acoustic resonator, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Probl. Énerg., Nos. 3−4, 3−13 (2008).Google Scholar
- 16.A. L. Tukmakov, Numerical simulation of the process of wave separation of solid particles in resonant oscillations of the gas in a closed resonator, Akust. Zh., 55, No. 3, 342−349 (2009).Google Scholar
- 18.P. Vainshtein and M. Shapiro, An acoustic trap for submicron aerosol particles, European Aerosol Conference, September 6−11, 2009. Abstract T074A01.Google Scholar
- 19.G. G. Chernyi, Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 20.C. Fletcher, Computational Techniques for Fluid Dynamics. Vol. 2. Specific Techniques for Different Flow Categories [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar