Experimental Investigation of Three-Dimensional Turbulent Jets Issuing from a Nozzle with a Rectangular Output Section
- 52 Downloads
A detailed analysis of average dynamic characteristics of flow in a nozzle with a rectangular output section in relation to the nozzle aspect ratio parameter and Reynolds number has been carried out and its results have been generalized. It has been established that the flow velocity profile on the jet axis in the nozzle is determined by the parameter of its aspect ratio and by the jet initial velocity. A semiempirical formula that describes well the change in the maximum flow velocity in the main section of a three-dimensional jet is suggested.
Keywordsrectangular nozzle aspect ratio parameter axisymmetric jet three-dimensional turbulent jet coherent structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Agulykov, K. E. Dzhaugashtin, and L. P. Yarin, The structure of three-dimensional turbulent jets, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 6. 13–21 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.G. N. Abramovich, T. A. Girshovich, S. Yu. Krasheninnikov, A. N. Sekundov, and I. P. Smirnova, Theory of Turbulent Jets [in Russian], 2nd revised and enlarged edn., Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Yu. Krasheninnikov and E. G. Rogal′skaya, Propagation of jets from rectangular isolated nozzle and that located near a screen, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 39–48 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.I. A. Shepelev and N. A. Gel′man, Universal formulas for calculating the velocity and temperature of ventilation jets issuing from rectangular orifices, Vodosnabzh. Sanit. Tekh., No. 7, 19–21 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Isataev, S. B. Tarasov, and G. Toleuov, Experimental investigation of three-dimensional turbulent jets propagating from nozzles with rectangular output section, Vestn. Kazakh. Gos. Univ., Ser. Fizich., No. 2, 94–100 (1995).Google Scholar
- 9.Lhendup Namgyal and Joseph W. Hall, Coherent streamwise vortex structures in the near-field of the threedimensional wall jet, J. Fluid Eng., 135, No. 6, 120–126 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.D. V. Bogomolov and A. V. Setukha, On numerical simulation of three-dimensional vortex flows of an ideal liquid in an infinite region by isolated vortex elements, Nauch. Vestn. MGTU GA, Ser. Aéromekh. Prochn., No. 125(1), 73–78 (2008).Google Scholar