Use of Weno Schemes for Simulation of the Reflected Shock Wave–Boundary Layer Interaction
- 62 Downloads
Numerical simulation of the shock wave–laminar boundary layer interaction is carried out on the basis of the model problem at different Reynolds numbers. The use of WENO schemes of high order of accuracy is demonstrated. The calculated shock-wave structure of the fl ow is compared with the data available in the literature and with the data obtained from TVD schemes. Criteria of accuracy of numerical calculations that are related to the position of shock-wave structures, and also the time of solution of the problem with various difference schemes, are discussed. Recommendations on practical use of difference schemes of high order of accuracy are given.
Keywordsshock wave boundary layer numerical simulation WENO schemes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.F. Thivet, D. D. Knight, and A. A. Zheltovodov, Computational of crossing-shock-wave/boundary-layer interactions with realizable two-equation turbulence models, in: Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on Methods of Aerophysical Research (ICMAR-2000), 9–16 July 2000, Novosibirsk, Russia (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Zheltovodov, Some advances in research of shock wave turbulent boundary layer interactions, AIAA Paper, No. 2006–0496 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Zheltovodov, Laws of development and capabilities of numerical simulation of supersonic turbulent separating flows, Aviats.-Kosm. Tekh. Tekhnol., No. 5 (92), 95–107 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Kleine, L. G. Lyakhov, L. G. Gvozdeva, and H. Gronig, Bifurcation of a reflected shock wave in a shock tube, in: Proc. 18th Int. Symp. on Shock Waves, 21–26 July 1991, Sendai, Japan; Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1991), pp. 261–267.Google Scholar
- 12.G. J. Wilson, S. P. Sharma, and W. D. Gillespie, Time-dependent simulation of reflected-shock/boundary layer interaction in shock tubes, in: Proc. 19th Int. Symp. on Shock Waves, 26–30 July 1993, Marseille, France; Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1993), pp. 439–444.Google Scholar
- 14.B. Sjogreen and H. C. Yee, Variable high order multiblock overlapping grid methods for mixed steady and unsteady multiscale viscous flow, Commun. Comput. Phys., 5, Nos. 2–4, 730–744 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.K. N. Volkov and V. N. Emel′yanov, Computational Technologies in Problems of Fluid Mechanics [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2012).Google Scholar
- 16.K. N. Volkov, Yu. N. Deryugin, V. N. Emel′yanov, A. S. Kozelkov, A. G. Karpenko, and I. V. Teterina, Acceleration of Gasdynamic Calculations on Unstructured Grids [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2013).Google Scholar