Application of density-functional theory to calculation of flows of three-phase mixtures with phase transitions
The problem of mathematical modeling of flows of three-phase three-component mixtures with phase transitions has been investigated using density-functional theory. The analytical and numerical results demonstrating the efficient application of this approach to description of two-phase flows were obtained earlier. In the present work, methods extending the density-functional technique to the case of three-phase mixtures have been proposed. Numerical solutions for flows of three-phase mixtures, including those with phase transitions, have been given.
KeywordsIsothermal Flow Interphase Region Laplace Formula Neutral Wettability Symmetric Nonnegative Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.O. Yu. Dinariev, Description of capillary-gravitational waves in the density-functional theory, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, Issue 5, 145–151 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Dem’yanov and O. Yu. Dinariev, Modeling of multicomponent multiphase mixture flows by the density-functional method, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, Issue 6, 101–114 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.O. Yu. Dinariev and N. V. Evseev, Description of the flows of two-phase mixtures with phase transitions in capillaries by the density-functional method, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 78, No. 3, 61–67 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.L. I. Sedov, Mechanics of a Continuous Medium [in Russian], Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Patankar, Numerical Methods for Solving Problems of Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics [Russian translation], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar