Linear time algorithms for finding independent spanning trees on pyramid networks
- 5 Downloads
The use of independent spanning trees (ISTs) has scientific applications in fault-tolerant requirement in network protocols and secure message distributions. Most of the designs of ISTs are for those interconnection networks with vertex symmetric property, implying that one can find ISTs rooted on a designated vertex, and, by the vertex symmetry property of the given network, hence have solved the ISTs problem on any arbitrary vertex. The existence of asymmetry makes the ISTs problem even harder than its symmetric counterpart. Cheriyan and Maheshwari (J Algorithms 9:507–537, 1988) showed that, for any 3-connected graph, 3-ISTs rooted at any vertex can be found in O(|V||E|) time. In this paper, we propose linear time algorithms that solved 3-ISTs rooted at an arbitrary vertex of pyramid networks.
KeywordsIndependent spanning trees Interconnection networks Pyramid networks Graph algorithms
This work was supported in part by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China under the Contract No. MOST 104-2221-E-034-001. The author gratefully acknowledges the helpful comments and suggestions of the reviewers, which have improved the presentation and have strengthened the contribution.
- Bao F, Funyu Y, Hamada Y, Igarashi Y (1998) Reliable broadcasting and secure distributing in channel networks. IEICE Trans Fundam Electron Commun Comput Sci E81-A:796–806Google Scholar
- Culler D-E, Singh J-P, Gupta A (1999) Parallel computer architecture: a hardware/software approach. Morgan Kaufmann, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- Liu Y, Chou W-Y, Lan J-K, Chen C-Y (2009) Constructing independent spanning trees for hypercubes and locally twisted cubes. In: Proceedings of the 10th international symposium on pervasive systems, algorithms, and networks, Kaohsiung, pp 17–22Google Scholar
- Nagai S, Nakano S-I (2001) A linear-time algorithm to find independent spanning trees in maximal planar graphs. IEICE Trans Fundam Electron Commun Comput Sci E84-A:1102–1109Google Scholar
- Wang Y, Fan J, Han Y-J (2011) An algorithm to find optimal independent spanning trees on twisted-cubes. In: Proceedings of the 4th international symposium on parallel architectures algorithms and programming, pp 52–56Google Scholar