Coordination Polymers Based on [Re4Te4(CN)12]4− Cluster Anion, Lanthanide Cations and 1,10-Phenantroline
- 33 Downloads
The cubane chalcocyanide cluster anion [Re4Te4(CN)12]4− was used as a pre-made building block for construction of a series of seven new coordination polymers (CPs) based on cationic complexes of Ln3+ ions and 1,10-phenantroline (phen). Together with three previously known compounds of this type, 1D CPs based on [Re4Te4(CN)12]4− anion formed a representative series which includes ten compounds (Ln = La, Pr, Nd, Sm–Ho, Yb). The main structural motif in the new compounds is the 1D chains composed of alternating cluster anions and [Ln(H2O)n(phen)m]3+ cationic fragments. Topology of the chains was found to be independent from the ionic radius and coordination number of the lanthanide ion. However, different number and orientation of coordinated phen and H2O molecules in the coordination environment of the lanthanide ions led to formation of several types of the supramolecular structures formed by non-covalent interactions between H2O, phen and CN− ligands. Influence of coordination environment of the lanthanide ions and conditions of the synthesis to the supramolecular structures is discussed in this work as well as structural relations with 1D coordination polymers based on mononuclear cyanometallate building blocks.
KeywordsLanthanide Coordination polymer Cyanometallate Cluster Rhenium Crystal structure
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation (Project No. 14-23-00013).
- 1.S. R. Batten, S. M. Neville, D. R. Turner (Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, 2009).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Furukawa, K. E. Cordova, M. O’Keeffe, O. M. Yaghi (2010). Science. 341. 974.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Laing, P. M. Kiernan, W. P. Griffith (1977). J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1977, 221.Google Scholar
- 18.Y. V. Mironov, T. E. Albrecht-Schmitt, and J. A. Ibers (1997). Z. Kristallogr. - New Cryst. Struct. 1997, 308.Google Scholar
- 24.Y. M. Litvinova, Y. M. Gayfulin, D. G. Samsonenko, A. S. Bogomyakov, W. Hyuk Shon, S.-J. Kim, J.-S. Rhyee, Y. V. Mironov (2016). Polyhedron. 115, 174.Google Scholar
- 28.CrysAlisPro (Version 184.108.40.206), Agilent Technologies (2011).Google Scholar
- 30.Bruker AXS Inc. APEX2 (Version 1.08), SAINT (Version 7.03), SADABS (Version 2.11), SHELXTL (Version 6.12). Bruker Advanced X-ray Solutions, Madison, Wisconsin, USA (2004).Google Scholar