Co-crystallization of a Versatile Building Block Benzoguanamine with Two Flexible Cyclohexanedicarboxylic Acids
Co-crystallization of a versatile building module benzoguanamine (bga) with two flexible cyclohexanedicarboxylic acids, 1,4-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acids (1,4-chdcH2) and 1,3-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid (1,3-chdcH2) affords two 3-D supramolecular solids of (bga)·(1,4-chdcH2)0.5 (1), and (bga)3·(1,4-chdcH2)·(H2O)2 (2). The supramolecular architectures of the two complexes are predominantly hydrogen bonded via N–H⋯N base pairs, in which adjacent bga molecules form (bga)∞ ribbons via pairs of N–H⋯N hydrogen bonds (R22(8) synthon). Typical acid-base R22 (8) synthons consisting of a nitrogen and amine group of L and carboxylic acid groups featuring N–H⋯O and O–H⋯N hydrogen bonds are also observed in the two complexes. The presence of water molecules makes the network of 2 quite complicated, and a hydrogen-bonded [(1,3-chdcH2)·(H2O)2]∞ chain is also observed.
Two co-crystals of benzoguanamine (bga) with two flexible cyclohexanedicarboxylic acids 1,4-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acids (1,4-chdcH2) and 1,3-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid (1,3-chdcH2) have been obtained and characterized by X-ray crystallography. Two typical R22 (8) synthons consisted by N–H⋯N, N–H⋯O and O–H⋯N hydrogen bonding interactions are observed in the two complexes, leading to two 3-D supramolecular architectures.
KeywordsBenzoguanamine Cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid Crystal structure Hydrogen bonding
This work was supported by the Scientific Research Project of Guangzhou Municipal Universities (1201620100) and the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (2017A030313072). We also thank Prof. Ming Liang Tong from School of Chemistry of Sun Yat-Sen University for his help in X-ray structural analysis.
- 21.Cambridge Structural Database, CCDC, Cambridge, Ver.5.25, Jul. 2015Google Scholar
- 24.Siemens Analytical X-ray Instrument Inc (1996) Software packages SMART and SAINT. Siemens Analytical X-ray Instrument Inc, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 25.Sheldrick GM (2000) SADABS 2.05. University of Göttingen, GöttingenGoogle Scholar
- 26.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXTL-97, program for crystal structure refinement. Göttingen University, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 27.Kim YJ, Jung DY (2002) Chem Commun 908Google Scholar
- 28.Bi W, Cao R, Sun D, Yuan D, Li X, Wang Y, Li X, Hong MC (2004) Chem Commun 2104Google Scholar
- 36.Zheng LL (2010) Chinese J Struct Chem 29:914Google Scholar