On model of angiogenesis and the mechanism in porous silk fibroin films
- 196 Downloads
The purpose of this paper is to explore the mechanism of the angiogenesis modes in the biomaterials implanted in vivo. By means of experimental observation and analysis of the capillary growing state in the porous silk fibroin film implanted into rats, we intended to develop a modeling expression on the growth mode of the capillaries in the biomaterials. Additionally, we proposed the response model of endothelial cells (ECs) resulting from vascular endothelial growth factor’s concentrations at different stages after the implantation. With the implantation experiment, it was identified that angiogenesis developed in the way of capillary sprouting at the early stage of implantation and of intussusception at the late stage. Based on the response model of ECs, experimental results are explained.
We are grateful to Yongqin Mao, Jiwen Yang, Jiantao Niu for their excellent assistance. This work was supported by the national key basic research and developing project of China: Basic Research of the Tissue Inducing biomaterial Used in Medicine (Project No. 2005CB623906).
- 2.Nikolic LJ. Angiogenesis. Srp Arc Celok Lek. 1996;124(5–6):147–9.Google Scholar
- 5.Lee WS, Jain MK, Arkonac BM, et al. Thy-1, a novel marker for angiogenesis upregulated by inflammatory cytokines. Circ Res. 1998;82:845–51.Google Scholar
- 8.Joanne E Bluff, Mark WJ Ferguson, Sharon O Kane, and Grenham Ireland, Bone marrow–derived endothelial progenitor cells do not contribute significantly to new vessels during incisional wound healing. Exp Hematol. 2007, 35:500–506.Google Scholar
- 9.Mack CA, Patel SR, Schwarz EA, et al. Biologic bypass with the u se of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of the complementary deoxyribonucleic acid for vascular endothelial growth factor 121 improves myocardial perfusion and function in the ischemic porcine heart. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1998;115(1):168.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Kremer C, Breier G, Risau W, et al. Up-regulation of flk-1/vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 by its ligand in a cerebral slice culture system. Cance Res. 1997;57:3852–9.Google Scholar
- 12.Bai Lun, Xu Jianmei, et al. Emerging Models of Angiogenesis Patterns and Response Effect of Endothelial Cells. Fiber Bioeng Informat. 2010 (accepted).Google Scholar
- 17.Djonov V, Makanya AN, New insights into intussusceptive angiogenesis. Mechanisms of Angiogenesis,Experientia Supplementum. 2005;Part 1:17–33.Google Scholar