Macroporous hydrogels based on 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate
- 179 Downloads
Crosslinked macroporous hydrogels based on 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA)—[2-(methacryloyloxy)ethyl]trimethylammonium chloride (MOETACl) copolymer, HEMA-MOETACl—methacrylic acid (MA) terpolymer, and on a polyelectrolyte complex of HEMA—MA copolymer with poly(MOETACl) were prepared. All the hydrogels were prepared in the presence of fractionated sodium chloride particles. The hydrogels were characterized by the number of pores and the total volume of all pores in unit volume, the average volume and the average diameter of single pore. Morphology of the hydrogels was investigated by confocal and scanning electron microscopy. The hydrogels based on polyelectrolyte complexes were also characterized by chemical composition. Homogeneous (non-porous) hydrogels with the same composition as macroporous hydrogels were prepared and characterized by their biocompatibility.
KeywordsChloride Scanning Electron Microscopy Ethyl Sodium Chloride Methacrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. KIKUCHI and T. TODA, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 52 (1979) 880.Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. KABANOV, Makromol. Chem. Macromol. Symp. 1 (1986) 101.Google Scholar
- 6.O. GUNEY, A. S. SARAC and M. I. MUSTAFAEV, J. Bioact. Compat. Polym. 12 (1997) 231.Google Scholar
- 8.B. NEU, H. BAEUMLER, E. DONATH, S. MOYA, G. SUKHORUKOV, H. MOEHWALD and F. CARUSO, Int. Appl. WO 2000003797 A1 27 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.J. ŠULC, Z. KrČOVÁ, P. CHEN and QUIN-BIN-BAO, Czech Patent Appl. PV 6553 (1990).Google Scholar
- 14.M. PŘÁDNÝ and S. ŠEVČÍk, Makromol. Chem., Rapid Commun. 5 (1984) 37.Google Scholar