Electrodeposition and texture control of Ag-doped SnS thin films with high-electrical transmission properties
SnS is widely noticed in optoelectronics and thermoelectric fields. But the low-electrical transmission performance confines its actual application. In this paper, Ag-doped SnS thin films were successfully prepared by a sample electrodeposition method. The mechanism of the S and Sn co-deposition and the effect of complexing agent K4P2O7 were studied. The Ag content was successfully controlled by the adjustment of the electrolyte and deposition parameters. The b-axis texture was strengthened by Cetyl trimethyl ammonium bromide (CTAB) in the electrolyte. The carrier concentration was promoted by the control of Ag content and the carrier mobility was promoted by the strengthening of the b-axis texture. The electrical conductivity was promoted by the combination of the Ag concentration control and b-axis texture control. It reached the highest known value of 1.40 S cm−1 under the highest b-axis texture coefficient. Such a sample combination method and control strategies provide a new view for the preparation of semiconductors with high-electrical transmission properties.
The authors acknowledge the financial support from National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51472020).
- 2.J. Xu, Y. Yang, Z. Xie, J. Mater. Sci: Mater Electron. 25, 3028 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Liu, K. Cao, J. Liu, Z. Zhang, J. Ji, F. Wang, Z. Li, J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 30, 15880 (2019)Google Scholar
- 19.H.J. Jia, S.Y. Cheng, X.K. Wu, Y.L. Yang, Nat. Sci. 2, 197 (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.J. Fang, Plating Compound: Theory and Application, 1st edn. (Chemical Industry Press Co. Ltd., Beijing, 2008), pp. 347–349 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 23.A. Adam, S. Verma, G. Seth, Eur. J. Chem. 8, 404 (2011)Google Scholar
- 28.Z. Li, Material Physics, 2nd ed. (Chemical Industry Press Co. Ltd, 2015), pp. 154 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 31.H. Jia, S. Cheng, P. Lu, Adv. Mater. Res. 152, 752 (2011)Google Scholar