New 2D material Ti3C2 and AgBr co-modified BiOBr with improved photocatalytic activity for degradation of organic pollutants
- 33 Downloads
At present, a large amount of water pollution has gradually become an urgent problem in the world. Many monomers of photocatalysts are difficult to degrade organic pollutants effectively. In this work, the photocatalyst BiOBr is modified with 2D material Ti3C2 and silver halide as co-promoter. And the related catalysts were used to characterize the prepared catalyst. At the same time, the effects of Ti3C2 and Ag@AgBr deposition on BiOBr degradation of organic compounds were studied. The photocatalytic degradation of RhB and phenol was carried out under visible-light irradiation. The results show that the photodegradation effect has been significantly improved after the deposition of AgBr and Ti3C2 on the surface of BiOBr. And the corresponding photocatalytic mechanism was proposed. The excellent stable performance and catalytic properties of this composite have broad prospects that provide a feasible way to improve the photocatalytic effect of MXene as a co-catalyst.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51502146, 51702270, 21671113), the PetroChina Innovation Foundation (No. 2018D-5007-0604), the Open Fund (201601) of the State Key Laboratory of Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces (Xiamen University) and the Open Fund (PEBM201702) of the Key Laboratory for Photonic and Electric Bandgap Materials, Ministry of Education (Harbin Normal University).
- 2.Y. Zhu, Y. Wang, Q. Ling, Y. Zhu, B. Appl. Catal., Environ. 200, 222–229 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.R. Koutavarapu, G. Lee, B. Babu, K. Yoo, J. Shim, J. Mater. Sci. 30(11), 10900–10911 (2019)Google Scholar
- 17.X. Yu, W. Yin, T. Wang, Y. Zhang, ACS 35, 2909–2916 (2019)Google Scholar
- 20.L. Ye, Y. Su, X. Jin, H. Xie, C. Zhang, Environ. Sci. 1, 90–112 (2014)Google Scholar
- 24.L. Ye, J. Liu, Z. Jiang, T. Peng, L. Zan, Appl. Catal. B 142, 1–7 (2013)Google Scholar
- 25.L. Ye, J. Chen, J. Liu, L. Tian et al., Appl. Catal. B 130, 1–7 (2013)Google Scholar
- 39.F. Chen, H. Huang, C. Zeng, X. Du, Y. Zhang, A.C.S. Sustain, Chem. Eng. 5, 7777–7791 (2017)Google Scholar