Highly bendable asymmetric resistive switching memory based on zinc oxide and magnetic iron oxide heterojunction
- 55 Downloads
To block sneak current in a crossbar array, we propose asymmetric resistive switching device based on zinc oxide (ZnO) and magnetic iron oxide (Fe2O3) heterojunction, which has highly bendable performance with low power consumption. The ZnO/Fe2O3 heterojunction based active layer is fabricated on indium tin oxide (ITO). Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) substrate through spin coater and silver (Ag) is used as top electrode. Particularly, the active layer is protected by the magnetic force of Fe2O3 covered on ZnO, and hence, it can be bent under 1 mm diameter. The proposed memory is operated at low voltage of ± 1 V with reading voltage of ± 0.10204 V. In forward current, the fabricated device has high resistance state (HRS) of ~ 16.17 MΩ and low resistance state (LRS) of ~ 179.41 kΩ, respectively, at read voltage of + 0.10204 V, and Roff/Ron ratio is recorded as ~ 90.1. In reverse current, the HRS of ~ 15.69 MΩ and LRS of ~ 9.23 MΩ are recorded at read voltage of − 0.10204 V, and Roff/Ron ratio is ~ 1.6976, which insure that the proposed asymmetric memory device helps to reduce sneak current problem.
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIP) (NRF-2016R1A2B4015627).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- 2.C. Xu, D. Niu, N. Muralimanohar, R. Balasubramonian, T. Zhang, S. Yu, Y. Xie, Overcoming the challenges of crossbar resistive memory architectures, in 2015 IEEE 21st international symposium on high performance computer architecture (HPCA), 2015 7–11 Feb 2015, pp. 476–488Google Scholar
- 11.G. Hassan, M.U. Khan, J. Bae, Solution-processed flexible non-volatile resistive switching device based on poly[(9,9-di-n-octylfluorenyl-2,7-diyl)-alt-(benzo[2,1,3]thiadiazol-4, 8-diyl)]: polyvinylpyrrolidone composite and its conduction mechanism. Appl. Phys. A 125(1), 18 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.M.U. Khan, G. Hassan, M.A. Raza, J. Bae, N.P. Kobayashi, Schottky diode based resistive switching device based on ZnO/PEDOT:PSS heterojunction to reduce sneak current problem. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 30(5), 4607–4617 (2019)Google Scholar
- 26.K. Dukenbayev, I. Korolkov, D. Tishkevich, A. Kozlovskiy, S. Trukhanov, Y. Gorin, E. Shumskaya, E. Kaniukov, D. Vinnik, M. Zdorovets, M. Anisovich, A. Trukhanov, D. Tosi, C. Molardi, Fe3O4 nanoparticles for complex targeted delivery and boron neutron capture therapy. Nanomaterials. 9, 494 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.M.U. Khan, G. Hassan, J. Bae, Resistive switching device based on water and zinc oxide heterojunction for soft memory applications. J. Mater. Sci. 30, 18744–18752 (2019)Google Scholar