Amorphous CoS modified nanorod NiMoO4 photocatalysis for hydrogen production
- 9 Downloads
In this study, a CoS/NiMoO4 composite catalyst with good TYPE-II heterojunction was prepared by hydrothermal method with NiMoO4 nanorods, with water as a medium to load small amount of amorphous CoS, by changing the loading amounts of amorphous CoS. X-ray diffraction, UV–Visible diffuse reflection and other characteristics indicate that doped amorphous CoS can significantly improve the photocatalytic performance of NiMoO4, and the charge separation and electron transfer efficiency of composite catalysts detected by photoelectric chemistry are also significantly improved compared with NiMoO4. The photocatalytic activity and stability of the composite catalyst were studied by hydrogen evolution experiment. The hydrogen production rate of the composite catalyst can reach 338 μmol, which is 3.23 times higher than pure NiMoO4. This simple hydrothermal synthesis of photocatalytic materials provides new ideas and methods for the design and development of new composite photocatalysts.
This work was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of Ningxia Province (NZ17262). This work was financially supported by the Open Project of State Key Laboratory of High-efficiency Utilization of Coal and Green Chemical Engineering, Ningxia University (2019-KF-36).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
There are no conflicts of interest to declare.
- 5.D.P. Kumar, H. Park, E.H. Kim, S. Hong, M. Gopannagari, D.A. Reddy, T.K. Kim, Noble metal-free metal-organic framework-derived onion slice-type hollow cobalt sulfide nanostructures: enhanced activity of CdS for improving photocatalytic hydrogen production. Appl. Catal. B Environ. 224, 230–238 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.S.M. Ghoreishian, G.S.R. Raju, E. Pavitra, C.H. Kwak, Y.-K. Han, Y.S. Huh, Controlled synthesis of hierarchical α-nickel molybdate with enhanced solar-light-responsive photocatalytic activity: a comprehensive study on the kinetics and effect of operational factors. Ceram. Int. 45(9), 12041–12052 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.G. Kianpour, F. Soofivand, M. Badiei, M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Hamadanian, Facile synthesis and characterization of nickel molybdate nanorods as an effective photocatalyst by co-precipitation method. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 10244–10251 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.M. Ramezani, S.M. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, A. Sobhani-Nasab et al., Synthesis, characterization, and morphological control of ZnMoO4 nanostructures through precipitation method and its photocatalyst application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 26(10), 7588–7594 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.F. Sedighi, M. Esmaeili-Zare, A. Sobhani-Nasab et al., Synthesis and characterization of CuWO4 nanoparticle and CuWO4/NiO nanocomposite using co-precipitation method; application in photodegradation of organic dye in water. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(22), 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- 22.A. Alborzi, S. Khademolhoseini, Nickel molybdate nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, optical and photocatalytic properties. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 3963–3967 (2016)Google Scholar
- 23.S.S. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, S.S. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, A. Sobhani-Nasab, Synthesis and characterization of rod-like CaMoO4 nanostructure via free surfactant sonochemical route and its photocatalytic application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(5), 4351–4355 (2016)Google Scholar
- 24.A. Sobhani-Nasab, S. Pourmasoud, F. Ahmadi, M. Wysokowski, T. Jesionowski, H. Ehrlich, M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, Synthesis and characterization of MnWO4/TmVO4 ternary nano-hybrids by an ultrasonic method for enhanced photocatalytic activity in the degradation of organic dyes. Mater. Lett. 238, 159–162 (2019)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 32.M. Eghbali-Arani, A. Sobhani-Nasab, M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi et al., Green synthesis and characterization of SmVO4 nanoparticles in the presence of carbohydrates as capping agents with investigation of visible-light photocatalytic properties. J. Electron. Mater. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-018-6236-3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 34.S.M. Hosseinpour-Mashkani, A. Sobhani-Nasab, M. Mehrzad, Controlling the synthesis SrMoO4 nanostructures and investigation its photocatalyst application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(6), 5758–5763 (2016)Google Scholar