Binary strontium–copper oxide nanostructures doped with potassium as electrode material for supercapacitor application
- 82 Downloads
Recently, binary metal-oxide--based electrode materials with and without doping have attracted growing interest for application to supercapacitors (SCs). Herein, we demonstrate the synthesis of a K-doped (ca. 9%) binary Sr–Cu metal oxide (K-SrCu2O2; KSCO) by a simple solid-state reaction with good crystallinity. The KSCO-modified carbon-cloth (CC) electrode showed a wide electrochemical potential window (− 0.2 to 0.8 V) and delivered a specific capacitance (Cs) of 438 F g−1 at 1 A g−1, compared to the low value (14.5 F g−1 at 1 A g−1) for the undoped SrCu2O2 (SCO)-modified electrode. This substantially improved Cs for SCO upon K-doping can be attributed to the increased conductivity, which enhanced the rate of ion intercalation/deintercalation into the tunnels of KSCO. Furthermore, the KSCO-modified electrode exhibited high-electrochemical stability with a capacitance loss of only 10% after 5000 charge–discharge cycles.
This work was funded by Grant NRF-2018R1A2B3001246 of the National Research Foundation of Korea.
- 2.S. Yuvaraj, W. Oh, W.-S. Yoon, Recent progress on sodium vanadium fluorophosphates for high voltage sodium-ion battery application. J. Electrochem. Sci. Technol. 10, 1–13 (2019)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Hu, J.H. Park, K.S. Lee, J.M. Ko, Naphthalene derivative supported activated carbon composite electrode with enhanced capacitance and potential window. J. Electrochem. Sci. Technol. 10, 99–103 (2019)Google Scholar
- 10.H.R. Barai, A.N. Banarjee, N. Hamnabard, S.W. Joo, Synthesis of amorphous manganese oxide nanoparticles–to–crystalline nanorods through a simple wet-chemical technique using K+ ions as a ‘growth director’ and their morphology-controlled high performance supercapacitor applications. RSC. Adv. 6, 78887–78908 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.O.T. Tambunan, I.-H. Kim, B.W. Lee, C. Liu, Effect of Ca doping on the thermoelectric properties of SrCu2O2. J. Ceram. Process. Res. 13, 258–261 (2012)Google Scholar
- 35.G.R. Xu, C. Ge, D. Liu, J. Lei, Y.C. Li, T.H. Zhang, M.M. Rahman, X.B. Li, W. Kim, In-situ electrochemical deposition of dendritic Cu-Cu2S nanocomposites onto glassy carbon electrode for sensitive and non-enzymatic detection of glucose. J. Electroanal. Chem. 847, 113117 (2019)Google Scholar