Molar optimization of MnO2 to form composite with Co3O4 by potentiodynamic electrodeposition for better electrochemical characterizations
- 3 Downloads
Manganese incorporated cobalt oxide thin films were deposited on stainless steel by using potentiodynamic electrodeposition via aqueous route. The structural elucidation reveals face-centered cubic Co3O4 and orthorhombic MnO2 having polycrystalline nature. FESEM and TEM show porous granular surface morphology along with nano-spikes. AFM image exhibits granular morphology. Optimized samples were studied for further electrochemical characterizations. All CV curves show mixed capacitive behavior. As compared to others, 1% manganese incorporation electrode shows maximum specific capacitance 605.39 F/g at 2 mV/s in 1M KOH. Chronopotentiometric charge–discharge studies report power density 18.12 kW/kg, energy density 33.7 Wh/kg and columbic efficiency 73.89%. To know the internal resistive properties of the electrode, the electrochemical impedance analysis was carried out in the frequency range 1 mHz to 1 MHz. Using Nyquist plot, the observed internal resistance is ~ 0.78 Ω. ZsimpWin software was used to develop Randle’s equivalent circuit to search the circuitry parameters associated with the cell.
Authors are grateful to thank Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi for providing financial supports through the project scheme DST-SERB sanction no. SB/EMEQ-331/2013.
- 8.S.V. Khavale, B.J. Lokhande, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 5106–5115 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.S.V. Khavale, B.J. Lokhande, IJRE 2, 20–25 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.S.V. Khavale, S.R. Bharadwaj, B.J. Lokhande, IJRE 2, 106–113 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.A.V. Thakur, B.J. Lokhande, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 11755–11761 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.T.D. Dang, T.T. Le Hang, T.B. Thuy Hoang, T.T. Mai, Adv. Nat. Sci: Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 6, 025011 (2015)Google Scholar
- 29.A.M. Magdy, I.F. Kooli, S.N. Alamri, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 8, 12308–12320 (2013)Google Scholar