Energy-storage properties of Sr-doped PLZST bulk ceramics and thick films
- 34 Downloads
The dielectric and energy-storage properties of (Pb0.97−xSrxLa0.02)(Zr0.675Sn0.285Ti0.04)O3 (x = 0, 0.005, 0.01, 0.015) bulk ceramics and thick films were investigated. All samples are orthorhombic perovskite antiferroelectric phase and have dielectric temperature relaxation property. Sr-dopant can improve the stability of the antiferroelectric phase and increase the phase transition field, but cause a decrease in dielectric constant. Thick films have a higher maximum tolerable external electric field strength than bulk ceramics. Compared with undoped thick film, the forward phase transition field and the backward phase transition field of the 1.5% doped thick film increased by 32% and 27%, respectively. The maximum polarization of the 1.5% doped thick film is decreased by 17%. The largest recoverable energy-storage density was obtained in thick film with 1% Sr doping. The largest recoverable energy-storage density is 2.77 J/cm3, which is 9.4% higher than the undoped thick film ceramic and 477% higher than the bulk ceramic with 1% Sr doping. The high energy storage density indicates that the obtained thick film is promising for pulsed power capacitors.
This work was supported by the Innovation Foundation of Collaboration Innovation Center of Electronic Materials and Devices (Grant No. ICEM2015-4002), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51602037) and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Grant No. 2018M633343).
- 11.S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, V.A. Turchenko, V. An, D.I. Trukhanov, E.L. Tishkevich, T.I. Trukhanova, D.V. Zubar, V.G. Karpinsky, L.V. Kostishyn, D.A. Panina, S.A. Vinnik, E.A. Gudkova, P. Trofimov, A. Thakur, Y.Yang Thakur, Magnetic and dipole moments in indium doped barium hexaferrites. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 457, 83–96 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.H. Yu, J.H. Zhang, M. Wei, J.P. Huang, H.W. Chen, C.R. Yang, Enhanced energy storage density performance in (Pb0.97La0.02)(Zr0.5Sn0.44Ti0.06)–BiYO3 anti-ferroelectric composite ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(1), 832–838 (2017)Google Scholar
- 18.W. Pan, Q. Zhang, A. Bhalla, L.E. Cross, Field-forced antiferroelectric-to-ferroelectric switching in modified lead zirconate titanate stannate ceramics. Cheminform 72(4), 571–578 (2010)Google Scholar
- 23.L.J. Zhou, A. Zimmermann, Y.P. Zeng, F. Aldinger, Effects of PbO content on the sintering behavior, microstructure, and properties of La-doped PZST antiferroelectric ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 15(3), 145–151 (2004)Google Scholar
- 29.L.E. Cross, W. Heywang, K. Lubitz, W. Wersing, in Piezoelectricity, ed. by H. Walter, L. Karl, W. Wolfram (Springer, New York, 1973), p. 131Google Scholar