Silver oxides nanoparticle in gas sensors applications
- 12 Downloads
In this work, silver oxide AgO films were prepared and deposited on glass substrates using RF reactive magnetron sputtering technique at different sputtering powers (100, 150 and 200) W. The X-Ray diffraction measurements showed that the prepared films are polycrystalline. It was found that the crystalline size and roughness of the surface, in addition the optical energy gap It has decreased with the increasing sputter power. One of the important results is the development of sensitivity with crystallization, where it was the best sensitivity at operating temperature 100 °C of the sample deposited at 200 W and at the concentration of target gas 600 ppm.
This study was supported by Mustansiriyah University, College of Science, Physics Department, trayologe and advanced material Lab. and the team work would like to thank the Ministry of Science and technology for providing the necessary support through the RF-magnetron sputtering system. No financial grants in this research were achieved from any institute.
- 1.Victor Ovchinnikov, Reduction of silver oxide film in inert gas plasma, ISBN: 978-1-61208-495-4, (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.M.S.E. Tyfor, Study of some optical properties of silver oxide (Ag2O) using UV Visible spectrophotometer. J. Appl. Phys. 8(6), 51–54 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.A. Subrahmanyam, U.K. Barik, Synthesis of P-type transparent conducting silver: indium oxide (AIO) thin films by reactive electron beam evaporation technique. J. Phys. Chem. 66(5), 817–822 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Z.S. Hu, F.Y. Hung, S.J. Chang, W.K. Hsieh, K.J. Chen, Align Ag nanorods via oxidation reduction growth using RF-sputtering. J. Nanomater. 6, 2 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Q.Q. Mohameed, F.A. Hattab, M.A. Fakhry, Effect of substrate temperature on structural characteristics of nano silver oxide prepared by pulsed-laser deposition. Iraqi J. Appl. Phys. 11(2), 33–36 (2015)Google Scholar
- 20.A.H. Hammad, MSh Abdel-wahab, A. Alshahrie, Structural and morphological properties of sputtered silver oxide thin films: the effect of thin film thickness. Dig. J. Nanomater. Bios. 11(4), 1245–1252 (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.X.K. Wen, J.J. Wei, J.L. Liu, J.C. Guo, L.X. Chen, C.M. Li, Orientation variation along growth direction of millimeter free-standing CVD diamond thinned by mechanical grinding. Int. J. Miner. Metall. Mater. 21(8), 839–844 (2014)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Awais, M. Rahman, J.D. MacElroy, N. Coburn, D. Dini, J.G. Vos, D.P. Dowling, Deposition and characterization of NiOx coatings by magnetron sputtering for application in dye-sensitized solar cells. Surf. Coat. Technol. 204(16–17), 2729–2739 (2011)Google Scholar
- 23.N. Umeokwonna, A. Ekpunobi, P. Ekw, Int. J. Tech. Res. Appl. 3(4), 347–351 (2015)Google Scholar