Enhanced luminescence properties of Eu3+ activated CaGd2(WO4)4 red-emitting phosphors with Mo6+ doping
- 9 Downloads
Novel CaGd2(WO4)4(1−x)(MoO4)4x:Eu3+ red phosphors were successfully prepared through a solid state method. The influence of molybdenum ions doping on the crystal structure and luminescence properties of CaGd2(WO4)4:Eu3+ were characterized in detail. Mo6+ ions are introduced into CaGd2(WO4)4 to induce the structure transformation from monoclinic scheelite with superspace group I2/b to tetragonal scheelite with superspace group I41/a. Under UV light excitation, CaGd2(WO4)4(1−x)(MoO4)4x:Eu3+ phosphors exhibit the strongest red emission dominated by the 5D0 → 7F2 transition of Eu3+ at 617 nm. The luminescent properties of Eu3+ are improved significantly when Mo6+ ions are introduced into the host. In the case of x = 0.1, the emission intensity of CaGd2(WO4)3.6(MoO4)0.4:Eu3+ phosphor is enhanced by 50% compared to undoped one, and the colour purity and quantum yield are calculated to be 95.3% and 53.5%, respectively. Meanwhile, the as-prepared phosphor exhibited unusual temperature sensitive emission, and the thermal quenching process was explained resultantly through the configurational coordinate diagram. Furthermore, to better understand the red emission behavior, the Judd–Oflet theory was employed to analyze the radiative transition intensity parameters of CaGd2(WO4)4 phosphors.
This work was supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. JB171405) and the National Natural Science Foundation of Shaanxi Province (Grant No. 2018JM5151).
- 17.X.Y. Huang, B. Li, P. Du, H. Guo, R.P. Cao, J.S. Yu, K. Wang, X.W. Sun, Realizing highly efficient multicolor tunable emissions from Tb3+ and Eu3+ co-doped CaGd2(WO4)4 phosphors via energy transfer by single ultraviolet excitation for lighting and display applications. Dyes Pigm. 151, 202–210 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.V.A. Morozov, A. Bertha, K.W. Meert, S.V. Rompaey, D. Batuk, G.T. Martinez, S.V. Aert, P.F. Smet, M.V. Raskina, D. Poelman, A.M. Abakumov, J. Hadermann, Incommensurate modulation and luminescence in the CaGd2(1−x)Eu2x(MoO4)4(1-y)(WO4)4y (0 ≤ x≤1, 0 ≤ y≤1) red phosphors. Chem. Mater. 25, 4387–4395 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 27.D. Batuk, M. Batuk, V.A. Morozov, K.W. Meert, P.F. Smet, D. Poelman, A.M. Abakumov, J. Hadermann, Effect of cation vacancies on the crystal structure and luminescent properties of Ca0.85−1.5xGdxEu0.1,⃞0.05+0.5xWO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.567) scheelite-based red phosphors. J. Alloys Compd. 706, 358–369 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 36.L. Li, W. Chang, J. He, Y. Yan, M. Cui, S. Jiang, G. Xiang, X. Zhou, Molybdenum substitution simultaneously induced band structure modulation and luminescence enhancement in LiLaMg(W, Mo)O6 red-emitting phosphor for near ultraviolet excited white light diodes. J. Alloys Compd. 763, 278–288 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 45.H. Xie, F. Li, H. Xi, R. Tian, X. Wang, Luminescent properties of sol-gel processed red-emitting phosphor Eu3 + , Bi3 + co-doped (Ca, Sr)(Mo, W)O4. J. Mater. Sci.:Mater. Electron. 26, 23–31 (2015)Google Scholar