Plasma jet printing for preparation of N-doped graphene electrode
- 19 Downloads
Graphene, the 2-D allotrope of carbon, is well known for its remarkable electronic and optical properties. Nitrogen doping can manipulate local electronic structure and thus improve the performance of a graphene powered device. Therefore, developing a method of graphene production that is low in cost, simple in operation and high in controllability is important. It carries a vital value for the industrial applications of graphene materials in the future. For this study, graphene oxide (GO) and GO/AuNPs (gold nanoparticles) films were prepared using plasma jet printing technology. Then, a dielectric barrier discharge at a sub-atmospheric pressure in nitrogen gas was used to obtain N-doped and reduced graphene oxide (N-rGO). The microstructure of the sample was observed using a scanning electron microscope. Then, the materials were analyzed using X-ray diffraction, Raman spectra, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Finally, the cyclic voltammetry profiles and galvanostatic charge/discharge curves of N-rGO and N-rGO/AuNPs capacitors were tested. Results have indicated that the ultimate materials with a porous structure after the nitrogen plasma treatment presented a pretty good capacitor performance.
- 3.M. Vali, S. Safa, D. Dideban, Investigating the mechanical properties of graphene and silicone and the fracture behavior of pristine and hydrogen functionalized silicone. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(23), 20522–20529 (2018)Google Scholar
- 25.D. Zhang, L. Lei, Y. Shang, Phosphorus and nitrogen dual doped ordered mesoporous carbon with tunable pore size for supercapacitors. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(4), 3531–3539 (2016)Google Scholar
- 38.Z.K. Ghouri, N.A. Barakat, A.M. Alam, M. Park, T.H. Han, H.Y. Kim, Facile synthesis of Fe/CeO2-doped CNFs and their capacitance behavior. Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 10(3), 2064–2071 (2015)Google Scholar
- 40.Z.K. Ghouri, N.A.M. Barakat, P.S. Saud, M. Park, B.S. Kim, H.Y. Kim, Supercapacitors based on ternary nanocomposite of TiO2 & Pt@graphenes. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(4), 3894–3900 (2016)Google Scholar
- 41.B. Borah, G. Rajitha, R.K. Dash, Correlation between the thickness and properties of the ethanol treated GO-PDMS based composite materials. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(23), 20216–20224 (2018)Google Scholar