Photocatalytic and antibacterial activity of bio-treated Ag nanoparticles synthesized using Tinospora cordifolia leaf extract
- 14 Downloads
Recently, the synthesis of nanoparticles through green route is a widespread process due to it’s simplistic, environmentally compatible and non-toxic nature. Thereby, the present study investigates the synthesis of Ag nanoparticles by changing the concentrations (P1-5, P2-10 and P3-15 ml) of Tinospora cordifolia leaf extract. The synthesized Ag nanoparticles were confirmed by UV–Vis DRS with the appearance of surface plasmon resonance (SPR) bands at 440 nm. The morphological and elemental analysis confirms the presence of spherical shape nanoparticles and elemental Ag. The XRD analysis exhibits four diffraction peaks for the synthesized Ag NP’s at (111), (200), (311) and (222) planes corresponds to its face-centered cubic phase. The photocatalytic capability of T. cordifolia leaf extract mediated Ag nanoparticles was examined by using methylene blue (MB) as a model dye under visible light irradiation. In addition, the antibacterial activity of the synthesized Ag nanoparticles was evaluated against Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli, Protease Vulgaris and Klebsiella Pneumonia. Therefore, the present study concluded that the Ag nanoparticles synthesized from the leaf extract of T. cordifolia have excellent beneficial application in an environment and medicine.
This work was supported by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli and Periyar University, Salem.
- 12.A.P. Alivisatos, J. Phys. Chem. 100, 13226–13239Google Scholar
- 15.V.S. Kirankumar, S. Sumathi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 8738 (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.B. Liu, X. Han, Y. Wang, X. Fan, Z. Wang, J. Zhang, H. Shi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 14300 (2018)Google Scholar
- 17.C. Feng, Z. Chen, W. Li, J. Zhou, Y. Sui, L. Xu, M. Sun, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 9301 (2018)Google Scholar
- 21.A. Amany, S.F.G. El-Rab, F. Gad, Der Pharma Chemica 4(1), 53–65 (2012)Google Scholar
- 35.G. Sharma, A.R. Sharma, M. Kurian, R. Bhavesh, J.S. Nam, S.S. Lee Dig. J. Nanomater. Biostruct. 9, 325–332 (2014)Google Scholar