Effect of MgO addition on sintering temperature, crystal structure, dielectric and ferroelectric properties of lead-free BZT ceramics
- 49 Downloads
MgO addition Ba(Zr0.15Ti0.85)O3 (BZT) ceramics was prepared using conventional solid state reaction method and effect the MgO content in BZT ceramics on their sintering temperature, microscopic appearance, dielectric properties and ferroelectric properties was investigated. The result is that the addition of MgO can greatly reduce the sintering temperature of BZT ceramics. The average grain size can be gradually reduced as the concentration of MgO increases. The lattice constant is reduced by Mg2+ entering the crystal structure instead of Ti4+ or Zr4+. BZT ceramics exhibit excellent dielectric properties when a small amount of MgO was added. The maximum dielectric constant moves to the low temperature region when MgO content was increases. The hysteresis loop becomes thinner and the coercive field was significantly reduced.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51703121).
- 5.Y. Zhang, Y. Li, H. Zhu et al., Influence of Zr/Ti ratio on the dielectric properties of Ba (ZrxTi1–x) O3, ceramics for high-voltage capacitor applications. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(9), 9572–9576 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Zeb, S.J. Milne, High temperature dielectric ceramics: a review of temperature-stable high-permittivity perovskites. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 26(12), 9243–9255 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.T. Hoshina, T. Furuta, T. Yamazaki et al., Grain size effect on dielectric properties of Ba(Zr,Ti)O3 ceramics. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 51(9), 539–545 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.D.Y. Wang, Y. Wang, X.Y. Zhou et al., Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in Ba0.7Sr0.3TiO3 thin films grown on MgO (001) single-crystal substrate. Appl. Phys. Lett. 86(21), 416 (2005)Google Scholar
- 19.N. Ding, X.G. Tang, X.D. Ding et al., Effect of Zr/Ti ratio on the dielectric and piezoelectric properties of Mn-doped Ba(Zr, Ti)O3 ceramics. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 25(5), 2305–2310 (2014)Google Scholar
- 27.S.B. Reddy, M.S.R. Rao, K.P. Rao, Observation of high permittivity in Ho substituted BaZr0.1Ti0.9O3 ceramics. Appl. Phys. Lett. 91(2), 91 (2007)Google Scholar