Structural, spectral and nonlinear optical analysis of aquachloro (l-prolinato) copper(II) crystal
- 9 Downloads
A semi organic crystal, aquachloro (l-prolinato) copper(II) (ACLPC) has been grown by reacting l-proline and copper(II) chloride in equimolar ratio. It crystallizes in monoclinic noncentrosymmetric space group P21 with lattice parameters a = 8.1965(14) Å, b = 5.2142(9) Å, c = 9.5206(17) Å, and β = 109.411(5)°. The powder X-ray diffraction pattern of ACLPC was recorded and indexed. Elemental analysis has been carried out by energy dispersive spectrometry. The Fourier transform infrared and FT–Raman analysis were used to assign the functional group vibrations. The 1H and 13C NMR spectra were recorded to confirm the molecular structure. The optical transmittance region of the crystal is from 280 to 1100 nm. The second harmonic generation efficiency of the crystal was estimated by using Kutrz–Perry powder technique.
The authors acknowledge Prof. P.K. Das, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for SHG measurements. The authors thank the authorities of Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF), IIT, Chennai, India for single crystal data collection and SASTRA University, Thanjavur, for having provided FTIR and NMR spectral facilities. The authours also thank Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul for EDS spectrum. We also thank Dr. V. Ramanathan of SASTRA University for the Raman spectrum which was recorded in his lab for having used the Raman spectrometer purchased from the DST SERB (Grant No. SB/FT/CS-007/2013).
- 1.X.Q. Wang, D. Xu, D.R. Yuan, Y.P. Tian, W.T. Yu, S.Y. Sun, Z.H. Yang, Q. Fang, M.K. Lu, Y.X. Yan, F.Q. Meng, S.Y. Guo, G.H. Zhang, M.H. Jiang, Synthesis, structure and properties of a new nonlinear optical material: zinc cadmium tetrathiocyanate. Mater. Res. Bull. 34, 2003–2011 (1999)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.R.A. Hann, D. Bloor (eds.), Organic Materials for Nonlinear Optics (The Royal Society of Chemistry, London, 1989)Google Scholar
- 18.C.C. Wagner, M.H. Torre, E.J. Baran, Vibrational spectra of copper(II) complexes of L-Proline. Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 27(2), 197–202 (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.A.J. Downs (ed.), Essays, in Structural Chemistry (Macmillan, London, 1971)Google Scholar
- 20.C.C. Wagner, E.J. Baran, Vibrational spectra of bis (L-methioninato) copper(II). Acta Farm. Bonaer. 21(4), 287–290 (2002)Google Scholar
- 21.C.C. Wagner, E.J. Baran, Spectroscopic and magnetic behaviourof the copper (II) complex of L-tryptophan. Acta Farm. Bonaer. 23(3), 339–342 (2004)Google Scholar