Efficient humidity-sensitive electrical response of annealed lithium substituted nickel ferrite (Li–NiFe2O4) nanoparticles under ideal, real and corrosive environments
The Li–NiFe2O4 nanoparticles have been prepared via simple cost effective chemical co-precipitation method. X-ray diffraction analysis affirms the cubic spinel structure and particle size is ~ 32 nm. SEM and TEM analysis were revealed the needle shape of nanoparticles with agglomeration. XPS and FT-IR spectrum confirmed composition and usual behaviour of spinel ferrites. Band gap energy of material is 3.62 eV that imply semiconducting nature. Humidity sensor analysis is carried out three different environments in order to test the influence of medium stress factors on sensors parameters. Under these environments, Li–NiFe2O4 nanoparticles exhibit well sensing nature. Besides, the material displays high sensitivity at ideal environments and good stability in real environments. The results also show interesting characteristics of the maturing and aging process of humidity sensors.
We thank De Ming Zhu for assistance with XPS analysis.
- 2.S. Sikarwar, B.C. Yadav, S. Singh, G.I. Dzhardimalieva, S.I. Pomogailo, N.D. Golubeva, A.D. Pomogailo, Fabrication of nanostructured yttria stabilized zirconia multilayered films and their optical humidity sensing capabilities based on transmission. Sens. Actuators B 232, 283–291 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2016.03.080 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.P. Chaudhary, S. Sikarwar, B.C. Yadav, G.I. Dzhardimalieva, N.D. Golubeva, I.E. Uflyand, Synthesis and characterization of copper(II) nitrate polyacrylamide & its application as opto-electronic humidity sensor. Sens. Actuators A 263, 415–422 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2017.07.006 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.F. Tudorache, I. Petrila, T. Slatineanu, A.M. Dumitrescu, A.R. Iordan, M. Dobromir, M.N. Palamaru, Humidity sensor characteristics and electrical properties of Ni–Zn–Dy ferrite material prepared using different chelating-fuel agents. J. Mater. Sci. 27, 272–278 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-015-3750-4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.B.C. Yadav, K.S. Chauhan, S. Singh, R.K. Sonker, S. Sikarwar, R. Kumar, Growth and characterization of sol–gel processed rectangular shaped nanostructured ferric oxide thin film followed by humidity and gas sensing. J. Mater. Sci. 28, 5270–5280 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-016-6184-8 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.J. Liu, T. Xu, M. Gong, F. Yu, Y. Fu, Fundamental studies of novel inorganic-organic charged zwitterionic hybrids. 4. New hybrid zwitterionic membranes prepared from polyethylene glycol (PEG) and silane coupling agent. J. Membr. Sci. 283, 190–200 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2006.06.027 CrossRefGoogle Scholar