Structural, electrical and magnetic properties of multiferroic NdFeO3–SrTiO3 composites
- 85 Downloads
The investigation on the structural, electric and magnetic properties of (1 − x)NdFeO3–xSrTiO3 composites with x = 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4 is presented in this work. The composites of NdFeO3(NFO) and SrTiO3(STO) have been prepared by the conventional solid-state reaction method. The composite samples have been investigated by XRD, PE loop tracer, dielectric and VSM measurements. The XRD patterns confirm the formation of the phases in the composites. The ferroelectric and ferromagnetic properties observed by PE and MH loops respectively imply their multiferroic nature. The observed value of saturation polarisation in the sample with x = 0.3 is found to be 0.7 µC/cm2 and the saturation magnetisation has the maximum the value of 3.22 emu/g for the sample with x = 0.4. The overall value of dielectric constant has also got enhanced in all the composite samples and has been found to be maximum for the sample having x = 0.4.
We are thankful to Dr V.R. Reddy for his guidance, valuable suggestions and PE measurements. Further, we are indebted to Dr Basharat Ahmad Want for MH loop measurements.
- 8.T. Murtaza, J. Ali et al., J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 2110 (2018)Google Scholar
- 14.S.I. Ali, M. Kiani, S. Rizwan, J. Powder Metall. Min. 6, 163 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.C.P. Smyth, Dielectric Behavior and Structure (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1995)Google Scholar
- 21.J.C. Wang, J.B. Bates, in Proceedings MRS Symposium M – Solid State Ionics I, vol. 135 (1988), p. 57. https://doi.org/10.1557/PROC-135-57
- 22.D.S. Dai, K.M. Qian, in Ferromagnetics, ed. by T.S. Ge, D. Feng (Science Press, Beijing, 1987)Google Scholar