Photocatalytic degradation of diverse organic dyes by sol–gel synthesized Cd2V2O7 nanostructures
- 44 Downloads
Cd2V2O7 nanostructures have been fabricated by Cd(NO3)2·4H2O, NH4VO3 as precursor and diverse carboxylic acids as both fuel and capping agent via the simple and novel sol–gel route. Effect of carboxylic acid type and calcination temperature were studied to reach optimum condition. The Cd2V2O7 nanostructures synthesized by citric acid as optimum size and morphology is composed of particles with the diameter in a range of 10–20 nm. The purity, crystalline phase, morphology, and optical properties were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform IR (FT-IR), energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis (EDX), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), ultraviolet–visible (UV–Vis) spectroscopy, and Photoluminescence. The photocatalytic property was performed using degradation of Erythrosine, Eriochrome Black T and Eosin Y aqueous solution under UV irradiation. The optimum removal efficiency is 77% in degradation of Eriochrome Black T.
Authors are grateful to the council of Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) and University of Kashan for supporting this work by Grant No. (159271/892290).
- 1.R.K. Selvan, A. Gedanken, P. Anilkumar, G. Manikandan, C. Karunakaran, Synthesis and characterization of rare earth orthovanadate (RVO4; R = La, Ce, Nd, Sm, Eu & Gd) nanorods/nanocrystals/nanospindles by a facile sonochemical method and their catalytic properties. J. Clust. Sci. 20(2), 291–305 (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, F. Ahmadi, A. Fosooni, Influence of capping agents additives on morphology of CeVO4 nanoparticles and study of their photocatalytic properties. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(1), 537–542 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.F. Ahmadi, M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, M.A. Daneshmehr, M. Eghbali-Arani, Synthesis, characterization, and investigation of magnetic, photocatalytic and antibacterial properties of TbVO4 nanoparticles. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(19), 14362–14368 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Ghiyasiyan-Arani, M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Masjedi-Arani, F. Mazloom, An easy sonochemical route for synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic performance of nanosized FeVO4 in the presence of aminoacids as green capping agents. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(1), 474–485 (2018)Google Scholar
- 20.M. Ghiyasiyan-Arani, M. Masjedi-Arani, M. Salavati-Niasari, Facile synthesis, characterization and optical properties of copper vanadate nanostructures for enhanced photocatalytic activity. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(5), 4871–4878 (2016)Google Scholar
- 23.M. Mahdiani, A. Sobhani, F. Ansari, M. Salavati-Niasari, Lead hexaferrite nanostructures: green amino acid sol–gel auto-combustion synthesis, characterization and considering magnetic property. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(23), 17627–17634 (2017)Google Scholar
- 24.S. Bayat, A. Sobhani, M. Salavati-Niasari, Co2SiO4 nanostructures/nanocomposites: synthesis and investigations of optical, magnetic, photocatalytic, thermal stability and flame retardant properties. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29(9), 7077–7089 (2018)Google Scholar
- 26.H.P. Klug, L.E. Alexander, X-ray Diffraction Procedures (Wiley, New York, 1954)Google Scholar
- 27.M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, F. Ahmadi, M. Eghbali-Arani, Novel route to synthesize nanocrystalline nickel titanate in the presence of amino acids as a capping agent. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27(11), 11873–11878 (2016)Google Scholar
- 28.M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, Strontium molybdate nanostructures: synthesis of different shapes through a new approach and its photocatalyst application. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(2), 2200–2205 (2017)Google Scholar
- 30.M. Rahimi-Nasrabadi, S.M. Pourmortazavi, M.R. Ganjali, P. Novrouzi, F. Faridbod, M. Sadeghpour Karimi, Preparation of dysprosium carbonate and dysprosium oxide efficient photocatalyst nanoparticles through direct carbonation and precursor thermal decomposition. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28(4), 3325–3336 (2017)Google Scholar