Cu–Ni–Gd coating with improved corrosion resistance on linen fabric by electroless plating for electromagnetic interference shielding
- 92 Downloads
The main objective of this research is to fabricate conductive fabrics with good electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding effectiveness (SE) and improved corrosion resistance. Such conductive fabrics can be prepared by a cost-effective electroless plating method with combination of eco-friendly dopamine (DoPA) self-polymerization technology, which involves successive steps of alkali treatment, 3-aminopropyltrimethoxysilane modification, Cobalt (Co) nanoparticles activation, Copper–Nickel–Gadolinium (Cu–Ni–Gd) deposition and Dopamine (DoPA) self-assembly. The functional groups introduced in modification and activation procedures are verified by FT-IR and XPS measurements. Refined effects of Gd on the structures and morphologies of resulting Cu–Ni–Gd coatings are illustrated by X-ray diffraction and field emission-scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM) measurements. EMI SE values of Cu–Ni–Gd shielding fabrics are enhanced with increment of 5–7 decibels (dB) ranging from 30 to 4500 MHz compared with that of Gd-free Cu–Ni shielding fabrics. Furthermore, DoPA membrane polymerized on the top of metallic coatings acting as a barrier for corrosion media is demonstrated by measuring the corrosion resistance of DoPA coated shielding fabrics in 3.5wt.% NaCl solution. Overall, Cu–Ni–Gd shielding fabric with excellent EMI SE and durability endow them great potential in EMI shielding application.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61371019), the research Grant (Nos. 17DZ1202300, 16DZ2260600) from Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality, the Shanghai Technical Trade Solutions Project (16TBT011),and the key research program (No. BE2015649) of Science and Technology Commission Foundation of Jiangsu Province.
- 8.H. Zhao, L. Hou, B.J. Lan, Y.X. Lu, J. Mater. Sci. 27, 13300 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.C. Wang, R.H. Guo, J.W. Lan, L. Tan, S.X. Jiang, C. Xiang, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 8010 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.S.X. Jiang, J.T. Xu, Z.M. Chen, R.H. Guo, D.G. Miao, L.H. Peng, Y.X. Wang, S.M. Shang, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 5624 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.M.N. Qiu, Y. Zhang, B.Y. Wen, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 10437 (2018)Google Scholar
- 29.B.E. Keiser, M. Dedham: Artech House, Inc., pp. 341, (1979)Google Scholar
- 37.S. Ghosh, S. Ganguly, S. Remanan, S. Mondal, S. Jana, P.K. Maji, N. Singha, N. C. Das. J. Mater. Sci. 29, 10177 (2018)Google Scholar