Frequency and voltage dependence of electrical modulus and dielectric studies of spin coated perylene–diimide (PDI) organic semiconductor films
- 113 Downloads
Perylene–diimide (PDI) organic semiconductor was prepared on n-type Si wafer using spin coating method. The dielectric permittivity, conductivity and electric modulus properties of PDI structure were characterized by means of the capacitance–voltage and the conductance–voltage measurements at the voltage range from 0 V to 300 mV and the frequency range from 30 kHz to 1 MHz. It is observed that the dielectric dispersion is uniformly decreased with the frequency, and then approach nearly to a fixed value at higher frequencies. However, the imaginary (M″) part of electric modulus has a peak for all the applied voltage values and the peak shifts to the higher frequencies with decreasing voltage. The peak observed in the figure is attributed to the dielectric relaxation. Furthermore, it has been reported that the Cole–Cole curves has one relaxation.
The authors thank Dr. Mahmut Kuş from Selçuk University for synthesized the PDI organic compound and Dr. Nihat Tuğluoğlu from Giresun University for stimulating discussions and help with the preparation of the manuscript.
- 6.C. Laghlimi, M.A. Smaini, R. Maallah, S. Touzara, S. El Qouatli, A. Chtaini, J. Biosens. Bioelectron. 8(1) 1000239 (2017)Google Scholar
- 21.A. Tataroğlu, GU. J. Sci. 26, 501–508 (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.C.P. Symth, Dielectric Behaviour and Structure (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1955)Google Scholar
- 24.V.V. Daniel, Dielectric Relaxation (Academic Press, London, 1967)Google Scholar
- 25.A. Chelkowski, Dielectric Physics (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1980)Google Scholar
- 26.I. Bunget, M. Popescu, Physics of Solid Dielectrics (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1984)Google Scholar
- 30.K.C. Kao, Dielectric Phenomena in Solids (Elsevier Academic Press, San Diego, 2004)Google Scholar
- 31.M.T. Farid, I. Ahmad, G. Murtaza, M. Kanwal, I. Ali, J. Ovonic Res. 12, 137–146 (2016)Google Scholar
- 35.G. Rusu, E. Rusu, J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 26, 338–349 (2015)Google Scholar
- 36.A. Kumar Roy, K. Prasad, A. Prasad, ISRN Ceram. 2013, 369670 (2013)Google Scholar