Low-temperature, aqueous solution-processed V2O5 as the hole-transport layer for high performance organic solar cells
Organic solar cells were fabricated with solution-processed V2O5 as anode buffer layers, we report a novel interface engineered of V2O5 with efficient charge transport in the devices. Solution-processed V2O5 thin films have been easily obtained by dissolving the V2O5 powder directly into water in air. V2O5 film present good contact between the interface of ITO and active layer. Furthermore, the optical field intensity |E|2 for the device with V2O5 layer is enhanced in active layer compared to PEDOT:PSS based device, which result in improved Jsc. The V2O5 device exhibits 8.05% high power conversion efficiency, conventional PEDOT:PSS device obtained only 7.46% efficiency.
We acknowledge financial support from the Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61701261, 61601249, and 61371057), the Natural Science Foundation of Colleges and Universities in Jiangsu Province (No. 06030015), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (No. BK20160417), the Foundation of Nan Tong University (No. 03081016), the student innovation and entrepreneurship training program of Nan Tong University (Nos. 2018032, 2018041).
- 4.Z. He, C. Zhong, S. Su, M. Xu, H. Wu, Y. Cao, Nat. Photon. 6, 593–597 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.C. Tao, S. Ruan, G. Xie, X. Kong, L. Shen, F. Meng, C. Liu, X. Zhang, W. Dong, W. Chen, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 29 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.M.F. Xu, L.S. Cui, X.Z. Zhu, C.H. Gao, X.B. Shi, Z.M. Jin, Z.K. Wang, L.S. Liao, Org. Electron. Phys. Mater. Appl. 14, 657–664 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.F.A.S. Lima, M.J. Beliatis, B. Roth, T.R. Andersen, A. Bortoti, Y. Reyna, E. Castro, I.F. Vasconcelos, S.A. Gevorgyan, F.C. Krebs, Appl Mater. 4, 212–215 (2016)Google Scholar
- 23.B. Rand, D. Cheyns, B. Kam, US8592804 (2013)Google Scholar