Polymeric graphitic carbon nitride–barium titanate nanocomposites with different content ratios: a comparative investigation on dielectric and optical properties
Absorption capability of barium titanate (BaTiO3) was enhanced by coupling it with graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4) a polymeric semiconducting material. g-C3N4–BaTiO3 nanocomposite was prepared with different weight percentage of g-C3N4 (3–18%) by simple solution method and was further characterized for analysing the properties of prepared material like structural and morphological properties were examined utilizing scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and FTIR spectroscopy. Photoluminescence and UV–Vis spectrophotometers were used for studying the optical properties and impedance analyser was used for measuring the dielectric constant, loss factor and charge transfer resistance. From the optical and dielectric studies we can predict that absorption was slightly enhanced toward visible region, recombination loses were reduced and the band gap values calculated were in close approximation with the dielectric constant data. On the basis of above studies we can say that optimum concentration was 3 and 6% g-C3N4 nanocomposite.
Authors are thankful to Head, Department of Physics and Coordinator, School of Material Science & Technology National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra for providing the necessary facilities. Authors are also thankful to Central Research Facility, IIT Delhi for providing the TEM Facility.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of Interest.
- 20.H. Zhu, D. Chen, D. Yue, Z. Wang, H. Ding, J. Nanopart. Res. 16, 1 (2014)Google Scholar
- 21.R. Malik, V.K. Tomer, L. Kienle, V. Chaudhary, S. Nehra, S. Duhan, Adv. Mater. Interfaces 1701357, 1 (2018)Google Scholar
- 42.X. Zhang, X. Xie, H. Wang, J. Zhang, B. Pan, Y. Xie, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 18 (2013)Google Scholar
- 51.B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray diffraction (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., Massachusetts, 1956), p. 99Google Scholar
- 52.B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray diffraction (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., Massachusetts, 1956), p. 84Google Scholar
- 53.B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray diffraction (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., Massachusetts, 1956), p. 88Google Scholar
- 61.R. Singh, R.K. Ulrich, Electrochem. Soc. Interface 8, 26 (1999)Google Scholar