Trap density simulations on CZTSSe solar cells with AMPS-1D
- 14 Downloads
This work involves the simulation of Cu2ZnSn(S,Se) (CZTSSe) solar cell in analysis of microelectronic and photonic structures (AMPS-1D) while taking into account previous experimental and theoretical data on CZTS, CZTSe, CZTSSe, CdS and ZnO based devices. We start from the results of the champion CZTSSe solar cell with an efficiency of 12.6%. The simulations were carried out using an AMPS-1D simulator as a function of various parameters such as carrier concentration, density of states, back contact barrier height, and carrier lifetime. The simulations results provide an insight of the deep and tail states of the CZTSSe solar cell, as well as a diagnosis of the constraints limiting the efficiency and a forecast of future record efficiencies for this kind of solar cells. We obtained a complete set of parameters for all the materials of the CZTSSe solar cell. Finally, we show a prediction for CZTSSe solar cell with an efficiency of 16.18%, open-circuit voltage of 564 mV, current density of 39.26 mA cm−2 and fill factor (FF) of 73.1%.
We acknowledge Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología project CB-2014/240103 and Cátedras project 876 for financial support. Authors thank Instituto Politécnico Nacional and Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas for giving us all the necessary tools for the development of this project. The authors would also like to thank Professor S. Fonash of the Pennsylvania State University for providing the AMPS-1D program used in the simulations. The funding was supported by CONACYT.
- 1.G.A. Meehl, T.F. Stocker, W.D. Collins, A.T. Friedlingstein, A.T. Gaye, J.M. Gregory, et al., Global Climate Projections (Cambridge University, Cambridge, 2007), pp. 747–845Google Scholar
- 9.K. Ito, Copper Zinc Tin Sulfide-Based Thin Film Solar Cells, 1st edn. (Wiley, Hoboken, 2015)Google Scholar
- 14.S. Fonash, J. Arch, J. Cuiffi, J. Hou, W. Howland, P. McElheny, A. Moquin, M. Rogosky, T. Tran, H. Zhu, F. Rubinelli, A Manual for AMPS-1D for Windows 95/ NT a One-Dimensional Device Simulation Program for the Analysis of Microelectronic and Photonic Structures (The Pennsylvania State University, Williamsport, 1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Z. An, A. Xiao-Ru, D. Li-Bing, L. Jin-Mingand, Z. Jian-Lin, Chin. Phys. B 5, 057201 (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.Silvaco, ATLAS, Version 5.21.2.R (Silvaco, Santa Clara, 2014)Google Scholar