One-step introduction of metallic Bi and non-metallic C in Bi2WO6 with enhanced photocatalytic activity
- 34 Downloads
One-step introduction of metallic Bi, non-metallic C into Bi2WO6 was successfully prepared via a facile hydrothermal synthetic route. The obtained materials were characterized by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscope, transmission electron microscope, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), nitrogen absorption–desorption isotherms, photoluminescence spectroscopy, photocurrent responses, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR), UV–vis diffuse reflectance spectra (DRS). As a result, C/Bi codecorated Bi2WO6 shows profoundly photocatalytic activity in comparison with undoped Bi2WO6 for decomposition of various industrial pollutants, including phenol, ciprofloxacin, bisphenol A, rhodamine B, and methyl orange under visible light (λ ≥ 420 nm). The enhanced photocatalytic properties may be ascribed to the fact that the synergistic effects of the SPR effect of Bi metal and the hybrid orbital constructed by C doping not only enhance the absorption of visible light but also accelerate the separation and migration of photo-generated carriers. Moreover, on the basis of the radical species trapping experiments, EPR analyses, DRS technique and Mott–Schottky plots, we proposed a simple photocatalytic mechanism.
This work was kindly supported the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21171053), National Undergraduate Training Programs for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (201710513012) and Graduate Student Innovation Research Foundation of Hubei Normal University (20170108).
- 2.Y.F. Wang, H.L. Wang, A.L. Xu, Z.W. Song, Facile synthesis of Ag3PO4 modified with GQDs composites with enhanced visible-light photocatalytic activity. J. Mater. Sci. 29, 16691–16701 (2018)Google Scholar
- 26.Z.J. Zhao, Z.Y. Cai, L.Q. Yang, Z.J. Hu, Y.L. Zhang, X.J. Peng, Q.Q. Wang, X.L. Yuan, G.H. Li, Ternary magnetic Ag–Cu/Fe3O4/rGO composite as an efficient photocatalyst for degradation of malachite green. J. Mater. Sci. 29, 17743–17749 (2018)Google Scholar
- 31.P.R. Chen, A. Khetan, F.K. Yang, V. Migunov, P. Weide, S.P. Stürmer, P.H. Guo, K. Kahler, W. Xia, J. Mayer, H. Pitsch, U. Simon, M. Muhler, Experimental and theoretical understanding of nitrogen doping-induced strong metal-support interactions in Pd/TiO2 catalysts for nitrobenzene hydrogenation. ACS Catal. 7, 1197–1206 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 36.M. Li, Q.G. Gu, Zhong, Synthesis and crystal structure of dinuclear bismuth(III) complex with ethylenediaminetetraacetate. J. Synth. Cryst. 12, 2726–2731 (2013)Google Scholar
- 41.S.X. Yu, H.W. Huang, F. Dong, M. Li, N. Tian, T.R. Zhang, Y.H. Zhang, Synchronously achieving plasmonic Bi metal deposition and I-doping by utilizing BiOIO3 as the self-sacrificing template for high performance multifunctional applications. ACS Appl. Mater. Interf. 7, 27925–27933 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 50.Y.F. Cai, S.Y. Chang, Y.F. Liu, Y. Shen, F.F. Li, L.Y. Li, S.S. Zhu, X.Y. Zheng, Hydrothermal-photoreduction synthesis of novel Ag@AgBr/BiVO4 plasmonic heterojunction photocatalysts with enhanced activity under white light emitting diode (wLED) irradiation. J. Mater. Sci. 29, 17602–17611 (2018)Google Scholar
- 53.Y. Gong, X. Zhao, H. Zhang, B. Yang, K. Xiao, T. Guo, J.J. Zhang, H.X. Shao, Y.B. Wang, G. Yu, MOF-derived nitrogen doped carbon modified g-C3N4 heterostructure composite with enhanced photocatalytic activity for bisphenol A degradation with peroxymonosulfate under visible light irradiation. Appl. Catal. B 233, 35–45 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 54.L. Tang, C.Y. Feng, Y.C. Deng, G.M. Zeng, J.J. Wang, Y.N. Liu, H.P. Feng, J.J. Wang, Enhanced photocatalytic activity of ternary Ag/g-C3N4/NaTaO3 photocatalysts under wide spectrum light radiation: The high potential band protection mechanism. Appl. Catal. B 230, 102–114 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar