Microwave absorbing and mechanical properties of carbon fiber/bismaleimide composites imbedded with Fe@C/PEK-C nano-membranes
- 26 Downloads
An effective approach is proposed to fabricate hybrid multilayer stealth composite composed of carbon fiber/bismaleimide composites containing carbon coated Fe (Fe@C)/phenolphthalein polyetherketone (PEK-C) nano-membranes as interlaminar electromagnetic absorbing agents. Dynamic mechanical analysis and interlaminar shear strength tests were carried out to evaluate mechanical properties. Special attention was paid to the permittivity, permeability and microwave absorbing properties. The results indicated that the radar-absorbing structural materials (RASs) showed a minimum reflection loss (RL) value of − 16.85 dB observed at 11.5 GHz at a thickness of 1.7 mm, with the values exceeding − 10 dB achieved in 9.7–16.7 GHz with increasing thicknesses. The measured RL values were in good agreement with the calculated ones. This strategy may be extended as a versatile approach to achieve high performance RASs, thereby promoting their engineering applications at low cost in aerospace industry.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China [Grant Numbers 51303106]; the National Defense 12th 5-year program Foundational Research Program [Grant Numbers A352011XXXX]; the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities [Grant Numbers DUT18GF107]; Aviation science foundation [Grant Numbers 20173754009].
- 1.Z.R. Jia, D. Lan, K.J. Lin, M. Qin, K.C. Kou, G.L. Wu, H.J. Wu, J. Mater. Sci. 29, 17122 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.M.S. Shi, H. Huang, C.J. Xie, F.H. Xue, P. Chen, X.L. Dong, CJJCC 10, 267 (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Q. Yu, M.B. Ma, P. Chen, Q. Wang, C. Lu, Y. Gao, R.C. Wang, H.L. Chen, Polym. Eng. Sci. 57, 1186 (2017)Google Scholar
- 21.Q. Yu, H.L. Chen, P. Chen, Q. Wang, C. Lu, C.X. Jia, J. Mater. Sci. 28, 2769 (2017)Google Scholar
- 29.E. Michielssen, J.M. Sajer, S. Ranjithan, R. Mittra, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 41, 1024 (1993)Google Scholar